Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reference: www.car-truck.com

<SNIP>As previously reported, Chrysler has been planning to unveil a thinly disguised "concept" version of the 300 HEMI in a few weeks at the upcoming New York Auto Show in mid April. I just spoke to a source in Auburn Hills who tells me that they have been debating rescheduling the launch due to the War in Iraq. Since the 300 is scheduled to begin production in early February of 2004 they don't have much time.

I doubt that they would use an International show for the launch (Frankfurt or Tokyo would be the only choices), so there aren't many options between now and next February. It's doubtful that they'd wait for the NAIAS next January as it would be too close to the launch. The only other possibilities would be the Pebble Beach Concourse d'Elegance this summer or a special media event. Neither of those options seems to fit the importance of this launch . . . so my guess is that they'll hold on to the New York plan.<SNIP>

Why is this important? What do you think that shares the same platform?

05 DODGE DAYTONA CHARGER....yea baby...

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There will be a few different version of the next Charger. From mild to wild (PVO version).

The Daytona Charger will be the hipo car from PVO with roots back to the 60s looks.

Expect the car in the spring of 2005.

This seems to be the typical PVO release (SPRING TIME).

Pic credits to www.car-truck.com.

<SNIP>So where's it going to show up next? One of my Ace Buzz Patrollers tells me that the first place we'll be seeing it is on the Dodge "Charger Daytona" concept car, which will preview the next generation Intrepid. As previously reported the next big Dodge will probably carry the Charger nameplate. The Daytona name would probably be used for the R/T model.<SNIP>

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Well, assuming the Magnum srt concept is the same platform as the possible charger, we might assume that a Charger SRT would include a blown hemi engine at 400+ hp. Should be out about the time i've payed off my SRT-4. Can you say upgrade!?!?

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
ebbtide said:
Well, assuming the Magnum srt concept is the same platform as the possible charger, we might assume that a Charger SRT would include a blown hemi engine at 400+ hp. Should be out about the time i've payed off my SRT-4. Can you say upgrade!?!?
Ya I'll about have my SRT payed off by then also, and then another DAYTONA but this time with some serious power OH YAHHHHH :twisted:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
hemidakota
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing