Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Sorry, can't get the image to come up bigger, BUT to the left of the SRT-4 pic it says "2003 Sport Compact Car of the Year"

This is from a newspaper that my dad gets at the plant.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What a joke. The car isnt out yet, and its already won awards. Wonder how much they payed SCC for the particular award. FWIW SCC stated the car they test was highly suspected to be a "ringer" And Dodge brought along an engineering staff with the car.

·
Registered
864 Posts
This may be a little OT, but are all the press cars yellow? It seems the only one that wasn't was the Mopar NOW car, but it was Dodge Red which I would expect.

·
Registered
118 Posts
What a joke. The car isnt out yet, and its already won awards. Wonder how much they payed SCC for the particular award. FWIW SCC stated the car they test was highly suspected to be a "ringer" And Dodge brought along an engineering staff with the car.
Well its just like movie trailers, before they even come out you always here
"BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR!"
but if i count the best movies of every year, seems like there should be 2437243978 years, becasue every damn movie gets that "award?"

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
the car isnt a "ringer" :roll: there was one mag that tested a black one, and 2 magazines that tested red ones. the rest are yellow. and if you knew how they came up with the hp/tq then you would know why they arent "ringers".

·
Registered
7 Posts
*sigh* Im am well aware of how hp and torque are measured. Just its a bit premature to be giving *ANY* awards when we havent seen production examples.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Midwayman said:
*sigh* Im am well aware of how hp and torque are measured. Just its a bit premature to be giving *ANY* awards when we havent seen production examples.
heheh, noooo. are you aware of how Dodge measured the hp and SCC measured it. they didnt "just put them on dynos"

·
Registered
7 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
heheh, noooo. are you aware of how Dodge measured the hp and SCC measured it. they didnt "just put them on dynos"
So Ive heard, but You must not get the print version of SCC. In the original print review of the srt-4 SCC, which you love to quote so much, goes on to point out they highly suspect that the car they were given to test is a ringer. Like I said, we'll never know until the production cars hit.

·
Registered
116 Posts
the newest issue of mopar now has all the numbers for the srt. they even break down the engine. the motor has to have more hp. it is quite different from the pt motor rated at 215. i think they mentioned that the header was different and i dont think that the pt is intercooled.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
daphunkie12 said:
the newest issue of mopar now has all the numbers for the srt. they even break down the engine. the motor has to have more hp. it is quite different from the pt motor rated at 215. i think they mentioned that the header was different and i dont think that the pt is intercooled.
Which issue are you refering to, January? Whats on the cover?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
everything i've seen/read says the pt is intercooled, assume it to be intercooled.

and just before i hit the submit button i decided to find some backup

"The PT Turbo has body colored bumpers, front and rear. The front fascia has larger, lower openings to allow more air into the turbo intercooler"
taken from
http://216.239.51.100/search?q=cache:zw8ZG54pMwcC:www.ptcruiserclub.org/models/2003/ptturbo/+pt+turbo+intercooler&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I think it is intercooled, but it doesn't have the monster intercooler that the SRT has. This would had a few more horse than the PT

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
daphunkie12 said:

Well in all fairness I would think they would build and tune all the pre-production models the same. So if they are in fact "ringers", they are all going to be ringers. Thereby, it's not going to matter how many of them were dynoed or how many of them are out there because they are all the same. I actually bought the issue where they test drove and dynoed the SRT. SCC did make it a point to say that they think the pre-pro SRT's are tuned differently than the final product and their will be differences. So basically wait and see....

-Faast

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Wouldn't it also make sense for DCX to build and tune all production models the same as the preproduction models?

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
ebbtide - exactly. if you can make it have more power why detune a PVO car for the masses?

slow5oh/midwayman - they said that they thought that it *might* be a ringer since the car made more WHP/WTQ than the crank #'s from DC. but then they learned how DC tested the car. with a heatsoaked intercooler.

pt cruiser turbo - it is intercooled, but the srt-4 has a much bigger Valeo unit. and different intake manifold, and ecu.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts