Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heads up! We may be receiving some +/- reaction from the owners of following mild-to-wild cars. :twisted:

Car-A: White Honda Prelude (late 199? - 200?) - minding its own business; at least an exhaust, lights, suspensions, wing, and body kit.

Car-B: White Mit. Gallant (200?) - lane changes and sporadic down shifs at 80+ MPH; appears to be stock

Car-C: Green Honda V6 Accord (late 199? - 200?) - it may have been a T. Camery; lane changes and sporadic down shifts at 80+ MPH; at least some lights done

Car-D: Black Acura Integ (late 199? - 200?) - lane changes and sporadic down shifts; at least an exhaust

Car-E: Silver Acura Integ (late 199? - 200?) - cruising in slow lane waiting for victims; at least an exhaust, wing, lights, suspensions, and body kit.

Car-F: Red Mit. Eclipse (late 199? - 200?) - cruising in slow lane waiting for victims; at least an exhaust, wing, lights, suspensions, BOV, and body kit.

Tired after hours of workout, cruising at 60 MPH heading home on I495, I saw these three cars approaching fast. Their head lights set them apart from other few cars back there. It was 1:27 AM, 04-12-03. In no time, cars Car-B and Car-C flew by my right, while CAR-D did it on my left. As soon as my odometer ticks to 2000 miles (and the three cars were about 1/8 mile ahead), I down shifted to 4th and gunned it. In no time, I was two-three cars away from them as we approached a highway-wide 90deg right turn. As I exited the turn, I gunned it futher, weeded thru the three cars at 105 MPH (and climbing) on 4th gear in a 1/4-mile uphill.

Up ahead in the fast lane, I got blocked by a car (I looked back and the three cars were about 1/8 mile away). CAR-A was on mid-lane probably wondering about my fast approach. I took the traffic speed for few seconds, enough for the three cars to catch up. I then looked to the right and CAR-C was leading the pack. I down shifted to 3rd, cut in front of CAR-A (CAR-A driver might have been pissed at me), and once again left CAR-C along with its pack of cars. As I approached another wide right turn, I tapped the break to climb down from 97MPH. As I did, CAR-E was in no time right in from of my bumper at good 60MPH or so.

At this point, I thought that I had enough fun with the four cars I passed, so now I chilled and took time to stare at the glorious wing of CAR-E. Moments and the three cars passed by fast on the left. Then I thought, "Let me see if this silver integ wants to join.". I down to 4th and smoothly passed CAR-E...then gunned it hard to be right at the tails of the three cars. As I cruised behind the pack, CAR-E zooms by my left and right on the tail of one of the cars, leaving me behind. I said "Cool!" as I down shifted. Right when I was about to floor it, I spotted CAR-F on the fast lane just watching the pack go by. I said, "This may be a better competition!" I left CAR-E messed with the pack while I checked if CAR-F wants some spanking.

Sure enough! As soon as I'm a car ahead of CAR-F, I heard a bad-ass BOV sound as CAR-F caught up on my left. It paced me, then slowly faded back, cuts to the right rear and gunned it passed on right...right by the tails of the pack of four. I then tailed it. In no time, it cut through the pack right back on the fast lane. Then slowed to my speed. To my expectation, CAR-F vents at me with that BOV. I knew then that that was it! As soon as CAR-F was half a car ahead, I downed to 3rd, weeded on the left lanes, thru CAR-B, CAR-C, CAR-, CAR-D, AND CAR-E at half gas. I looked and saw CAR-F was right at my speed. As soon I passed the herd, I floored and yelled "Geronimo" all the way to 133MPH. OMG!!! I looked at my rear view and bearly saw CAR-F way back there. I think that car gave up at 100MPH or so.

I then tapped my break and cruise at 55MPH. No car approached for a mile or so. Eventually, CAR-D slowly creeps on my right then exited the highway. I looked and the driver kept his head straight forward as he passed by. Almost two miles later, CAR-F showed up on my right as well. Again, no comment/reaction from the driver. He just looked straight as I was never there. Funny that, as CAR-F exited, I watched my speed and maintained it to see if CAR-F was gonna' accelerate and race by itself on the long straighaway exit. Sure enough! As soon as the driver noticed that I was staying on the highway while he exited, it happened. I just laughed.

At this point as I cooled my car at exactly 55MPH, I was wondering whatever happened to CAR-C, CAR-E, and CAR-B. They either exited or doing 40MPH on the highway.

Points I was thinking while letting my car cool down while parked: CAR-A dude was either pissed or just smiled when I cut him. CAR-E might have really wanted a piece of me but then forgot all about it when I went for CAR-F instead. CAR-F dude might be hurting/thinking just about now. It's 1:40AM.

:twisted:

The ride at 133MPH was so smooth!

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Is there a reason more dorks drive Hondas then other brands? Or just me who see it. Even here we get the same idiots who either cannot read, or have there ass handed to them and tries again thinkin it was luck. Go figure...

Here in Southern Cali more accidents are caused by three manufactures. Maybe because more idiots purchase them over other brands. Pretty lame, since I had two out of three do the stupid act on the road yesterday. Yeap! The Cali DMV stats are correct. It was confirm by this yesterday :shock:

The worse one was someone driving in the middle between two lanes and could not make her mind which one she wanted to be in. I wish I had my truck and urged her the correct choice - far right as possible - meaning, get the FO the freeway lame T owner.

I had the opportunity to race a riced out double decker no engine sounded fart piped Civic hatch with some poor fugly body panels. I looked over and done this: :lol: Then drove off...

Now I been watching out for the latest TSX Acura to prove why waste your money on another lame HONDA.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
good job. ill have to see how you hold up to my 2100# paseo on saturday. :p :lol:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Good kills SilverBullet! I wish I was over on that end! My hometown is in D.C.!

Tell you what, I got a couple of guys over there that would like to test out that new SRT-4. One has a Shelby turbo, the other has a Probe turbo. You game?

-M

·
Registered
817 Posts
Silverbullet:

You wanna meet up wit these guys or what? They are also looking to find places that run. V-street and Rte.50 were closed down awhile ago.

Hit me up on private messaging.

-M

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do stuff while I happen to drive by. No set racing for me...unless its at the local track.

Don't know when though...if ever.

·
Registered
817 Posts
SilverBullet said:
I do stuff while I happen to drive by. No set racing for me...unless its at the local track.

Don't know when though...if ever.
It's all cool. Hopefully you will take the car to the track one of these days..

Cheers,

-M

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
5 Participants
Phoenyx
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing