Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this is one of those things that you are just not supposed to do, but is it normal for the boost to go all the way to 20+ psi :wah?!: when you floor it below 2300rpm in 4th or 5th gear? I just noticed it yesterday, and I'm not sure if it has been like this since day 1 or if it is new issue. My drivetrain is totaly stock, so whatever this is, it is not caused by any mod.

Anyone else noticed this? Should I bring the car in to get looked at?

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
NFS said:
Maybe this is one of those things that you are just not supposed to do,
So nice when you answer your own question:):lol:

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
glhs837 is right!

Stop "flooring it" from that low of RPM in higher gears (your literally slowly destroying your drivetrain). Thats problably on of the worst things you can possibly do to any car

A straight drive/manual car does not have an automatic transmission to downshift to prevent people from being stupid. You must do that for the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree with the downshift when your that low on the rpm's but i had a spike boost in all gears a while back, seemed whenever you stepped on it at all it would run up to well past 20psi in ANY gear which YES is a good way to blow a head gasket. Turned out to be a small crack in a vaccum line running from the WGA......check yer lines bro thats probably all it is. BUT LEARN TO DOWNSHIFT AND RUN LIKE A MAD MAN!

GIJOE

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gijoes_srt4 said:
BUT LEARN TO DOWNSHIFT AND RUN LIKE A MAD MAN!GIJOE
Normally I do drive like a mad man, it was just something I noticed when I was messing around behind slower traffic when I was unable to pass.

I was under the assumptioin that the WGA was supposed to limit the boost at any RPM. That is why I was asking if it was "normal" or not. I will take a look at the vac lines and see if I can find anything. Thanks GIJOE.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.