Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way to work yesterday and saw a blue 2-door STI. Didnt know they made them. Does anyone know if it is just a new model or what. A guy prob in his late 40's looked like driving it.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
They don't make anything like that with the current body style... Was it an older car?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
most likely it was the old RS that was modified to look and possibly perform like the STi. i read an article of a guy that did it with his. i forgot where he lived though, but if u saw it u would swear its a two-door STi. i tell ya, where do people get their money!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
To someone who knows nothing about Subarus, "making" an STi is as simple as putting STi badges on a 2.5RS....if it had two doors. Personally I think that shit is rice.

-faast

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hell i dont know, it looked like a 2002-2004 body style. looked new. wish I could have got the guy pulled over to ask him or maybe get a run out of him to see how fast it was. Talked to a friend of mine about it and he has heard of some people taking the 2-door legacy and making it look like an sti.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
yum... 22b's are so sexy. i got to see what at car show. i literally grabed it by it's rear wing and humped it's ass. as did 2 other dudes after my. haha sloppy seconds for them.

·
Registered
502 Posts
2004NeonSRT4 said:
yum... 22b's are so sexy. i got to see what at car show. i literally grabed it by it's rear wing and humped it's ass. as did 2 other dudes after my. haha sloppy seconds for them.
RHD and all? Because they never got stateside.

You didn't see a 2-door STI.

Dream your in japan.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Wisdom said:
RHD and all? Because they never got stateside.

You didn't see a 2-door STI.

Dream your in japan.

yep rhd and all. it was super sexy. it was over in america on a short term tour schedule and was too return to japan shortly after i saw it last. they couldn't drive it legally on the road of course but it looked so bad ass even parked. the guys did say though they took it out a few times and the looks were great. the guy at the drive through mcd's didn't know what to think when the passenger reached for the food. lol.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it looked almost identical to that one, only difference was the wheels and the wing was a lil different

·
Registered
802 Posts
jigga_x said:
most likely it was the old RS that was modified to look and possibly perform like the STi. i read an article of a guy that did it with his. i forgot where he lived though, but if u saw it u would swear its a two-door STi. i tell ya, where do people get their money!
His name is Kian. He lives down the street from me (Mission Viejo, CA). His car was featured in the August issue of D-Sport. The car is absolutely awesome.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Here's part of the article. If you want the whole thing go ahead and order your copy of D-sport. (Connect drag and sport, then copy into your address bar.)
http://www.drag sport.com/issue/2004/0704_feat_article.shtml

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the guy i saw was in texas and it was a left hand drive car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts