Dodge SRT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Banned
32,448 Posts
since we are car people here, we should all know that bigger motors make more tq and that more tq in a fwd car is useless when you are just sitting there spinning your tires. like above, if all you care about is a stock rev motor, by all means get the bigger motor and have fun wasting more money on tires and gas than the rest of us.

also, can you please tell me how the F1 cars are making way more power than you are without any sort of FI? oh wait, you probably would be shocked and it would burst your bubble. a lot of them have a 2.5l or less motor getting racked out to 10k or more. guarantee any one of those cars would beat your ass.

and BTW, this thread was for kevin to get an idea of the possible interest in a build like this for the general pop, i would imagine because it would be cheaper in the long run to build several since typically you pay less per item when purchased in bulk.

I'm super excited you wasted 12k+ in parts on your car. great way to keep the economy going when you don't REALLY know wtf you are doing. i would put any one of kevins builds up against you any day. i would love to see this available. it would probably take me a little bit to scrape that kind of money together, but when i did, i would like for it to at least be an option for me.

if you don't have anything intelligent to say or contribute from your bandwagon, then STFU and stay out of an interest thread

i have two last words for you.........douche bag
He lives local to me and all I can say is your dreams should come true considering... we have an order in for one of these set ups. Let me know Kevin when the parts show up!

·
Banned
32,448 Posts
For me it is the ammount of noise that these motors make high up in the powerbands like this. I took the 2.4l to 10k rpm but to do so i had to get a perfect balance on the crank,rods,flexplate assembly and even then no matter what tq and the ammount of loctite i put on bolts i could not keep things from rattling loose. i would tack weld all the bolts just to keep the convertor or clutch assembly on the motor.

The new motor in the works has already been started and will be one of the best if not the best motor on the market for these cars. I already have the pistons worked out and a set sitting at the shop with custom comp height that doesnt require any mods to the lands or the use of buttons. Then i have sets of custom 4340 billet steel rods that are finished to within +/- .0001” and +/- 1 gram per end. Shot peened for improved fatigue life. Bronze wrist pin bushings. Exclusively using ARP 2000 fasteners. 1.889 rod journal for use of more common race series bearings that will improve life on high hp or nitrous motors

What sets this apart from my original setup i was doing is the new 4340 Billet crankshafts the counterweight placements are designed for improved crankshaft performance. .125" fillet radii. Nitrided for improved bearing life. Straight hole oiling system for better lubrication. Size tolerances held to +/- .0001”.

I dont want to give out the specifics of the measurement but it puts the rod ratio at 1.70!!!

so the setup willl come with
custom Arias pistons in custom comp height any comp ratio
4340 billet h beam rods
4340 billet crankshafts that are designed for the new rod and stroke
I agree with this, the amount of noise these motors make in the higher RPM band is crazy. Just reving to 8600 RPM makes so much noise that you cannot not hear the exhaust with the windows rolled up.

This new assembly is going to be the end all to making big power. I just hope that I can get the DS software to allow me to push "hard" on this set up or I will have to go with the AEM EMS.

Kevin, are these cranks set up with the factory tone wheel mounting points?

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
He lives local to me and all I can say is your dreams should come true considering... we have an order in for one of these set ups. Let me know Kevin when the parts show up!
yes i do live local........and?
on a side note......1fast4... you said you would put on of kev. builds against mine..... its not mine"i didnt build/design anything" its Darrell's "ie" DCR.... i just paid for his knowledge/services, which speak/trap/and set world records for themselves..... not knocking you kev.. when i came in here i was just curious about the 2.3l ..then it turned into blah blah "Better than your motor" blah....
feel free to delete my posts if you see fit

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
using nachos car as a reference
he made 507/468 on 30psi
he switched to the stroker and made
15 PSI - 23 deg timing. redline is 6800. - 484/415 ON 1/2 the org. boost
he upped it to 25 psi and made 614/567 ON 5 PSI LESS than the 507/468 run:wah?!:
i would love to see a destroked motor do that
Im sure that the stroker motor had everything to do with that and not switching to a fully built head :readclose

Please tell me how the bottom end made the numbers jump like that, this should be good....

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
or you can buy a pro mod head and TRY to make/produce the same results.... good luck!!!!
bc every one that switches to a built head has these results!! right.......

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
or you can buy a pro mod head and TRY to make/produce the same results.... good luck!!!!
bc every one that switches to a built head has these results!! right.......
Yeah pretty much, i know your being sarcastic, but your right. A local buddy just dyno'ed 395whp at 23 psi with a 50 trim/23 psi on 93 octane, built head/cams, stock bottom end. Another buddy dynoed at 389 with a s256/28 psi on e85 stock head/cams/block. All done on a mustang dyno, same day. the stock head on our car is pretty much crap if you didnt know.

Im also done whoring this thread, but please leave a post so i can stay subscribed, as im interested in results as my build will be starting soon.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
no problem on your guys post in this thread it is an open forum for discussion and all opinions are welcome even if this isnt for everyone my car will be running one and should work well for everyone else.

The thing about what PFI does for the srt4 market is mostly for my car and then we can supply it to other people so if people dont want it i still have the stuff for my car no big deal!

John they are being made with the provisions for the stock tone wheels that is what drove the price up on them a little.

·
Banned
32,448 Posts
on a side note......1fast4... you said you would put on of kev. builds against mine..... its not mine"i didnt build/design anything" its Darrell's "ie" DCR.... i just paid for his knowledge/services, which speak/trap/and set world records for themselves..... not knocking you kev.. when i came in here i was just curious about the 2.3l ..then it turned into blah blah "Better than your motor" blah....
We will be able to put my build up against your build... head to head. It should be a good compairison to show what th 2.6 can do against the 2.3.

Connor, do you really think that your 2.6 motor with the pro head is the same set up that sets all the world records in the DCR race cars/BayShore's car? If you actually think that, you are in for a big surprise!!!

Last, if it were so easy Connor... why don't we have 100's of cars running in the 10's? And just as many running 9's?

In the end, it takes people like KW and PFI to make and test these parts. I for one am happy that we will be getting a forged crank from PFI, becaue it will come with dyno charts and time slips to back it up!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
just like jon said above, i highly doubt that your build would be able to do what DCR has done. when kevin gets his car up and running with this setup, i would be very surprised if his numbers and times aren't similar to DCRs, along with the fact that it will be a much more reliable setup when pushed to the limits. in theory with the proposed setup, kevin should be able to push the 2.3 motor well beyond the limits of the 2.6 and still be a reliable motor for everyday and/or track use and beg for more. but, going back to a previous post, it's all in what you are wanting to do with the car that will drive what setup you get. do you want something with insane tq and minimal powerband, or do you want something that will allow your tires to keep up with your motor and have a huge powerband that can get you some crazy topend power?

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
We will be able to put my build up against your build... head to head. It should be a good compairison to show what th 2.6 can do against the 2.3.

Connor, do you really think that your 2.6 motor with the pro head is the same set up that sets all the world records in the DCR race cars/BayShore's car? If you actually think that, you are in for a big surprise!!!

Last, if it were so easy Connor... why don't we have 100's of cars running in the 10's? And just as many running 9's?

In the end, it takes people like KW and PFI to make and test these parts. I for one am happy that we will be getting a forged crank from PFI, becaue it will come with dyno charts and time slips to back it up!
Well realtune just ran 10.8 with a bone stock motor.... All it takes is money and a good builder
just like jon said above, i highly doubt that your build would be able to do what DCR has done. when kevin gets his car up and running with this setup, i would be very surprised if his numbers and times aren't similar to DCRs, along with the fact that it will be a much more reliable setup when pushed to the limits. in theory with the proposed setup, kevin should be able to push the 2.3 motor well beyond the limits of the 2.6 and still be a reliable motor for everyday and/or track use and beg for more. but, going back to a previous post, it's all in what you are wanting to do with the car that will drive what setup you get. do you want something with insane tq and minimal powerband, or do you want something that will allow your tires to keep up with your motor and have a huge powerband that can get you some crazy topend power?
if I told DCR I wanted a 9.9 sec car ... He would make it
Mines just for hwy

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
O and I believe realtune has put out 10 10.99 or faster in 2010....

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
oh lol.. I mean it could be directed at us also we just dont have the quantity of srt's coming in that others have srt's are probably 10% of the business we do.

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
o kev i know yall could do it....... just need the costumer
what other vehicles do yall work on?

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
oh man you name it. in the shop right now we have a twin turbo viper we did, turbo nsx, my supra, TONS of honda's that is our main market our pro car have a big srt4 build with a 42r just tons seems like custom turbo kits is what has been coming in mostly and lots of hondata tunes.

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
oh man you name it. in the shop right now we have a twin turbo viper we did, turbo nsx, my supra, TONS of honda's that is our main market our pro car have a big srt4 build with a 42r just tons seems like custom turbo kits is what has been coming in mostly and lots of hondata tunes.
one day i wanna say that!!!!!
o0o and that turbo nsx must be nasty!!!

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
o kev i know yall could do it....... just need the costumer
what other vehicles do yall work on?
I dont know if we could havent really persued it, Realtune has a great handle on the market in that area and has the time and ability to do it. Time is a huge factor when running a shop and aaron does it well. Id rather just design and manufacture parts to sell not a ton of markup in it but i have a full time career that i persue also which will consume my days. hell right now im typing this from the middle of a field in Ray North Dakota

61 - 80 of 94 Posts