Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in the process of making a few motors to get the rod ratio where we would like to see the srt4 motor.

the motor would consist of

Custom ground ion-plasma nitrited stock crank (96mm)
Custom length Grp aluminum rods to our specs and strength
Custom PFI arias pistons in 3.465" bore custom cut valve reliefs for big cams choice of 8.4:1 or 9.2:1
PFI strap kit with ARP studs
PFI o-ringed deck that will ensure proper headgasket sealing up to 1000whp with stock gasket.
PFI knotched block for the aluminum rods
PFI spec bearings
bore/hone/line hone/decking of the block
Billet tone wheel/welded bolts
upgraded oil pickup tube
Billet oilpump/dcr coated pump depending on availability
PFI billet tensioner
all clearances to our specs same we run on my race motors

Everything comes out to be a 2.34l with a 1.654 rod ratio which is awesome for this motor just trying to see if anyone else would be interested in this option i have seen alot of people going with the BIG stroker motors and honestly have seen no gain over a properly built 2.3-2.4l we arent hurting in the tq department so this would just help with launching and reving the motor without rattling everything apart.

We have options for custom billet cams for this motor combo also and head options throw [email protected] form n fucntion.

price will be in the $5700 range to get this motor out the door, custom cams run another $650 since we have them custom ground on billet cores.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold), SRT of the Month
7,512 Posts
Sounds like a great option Kevin! I'm sure you will find some people who can fully utilize this.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRTotM Moderator
5,599 Posts
wow wish i had money cause i would order this now i just would like to rev the piss out of this engine but not gonna happen in a 2.4

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
This is a sick setup, wish I would have known before I ordered everything. Is there any way to go higher in compression if someone wanted to? Also what would be the highest rpm range it could handle, granted you have a cam big enough to support it?

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
yes i could go any compression wanted in this build. with the proper cam and head setup i would rev it in the 9-10k rpm range. with the correct piston selection we could keep it a 2.4l and have the good rod ratio also just depends on what everyone wants

·
Premium Member
3,136 Posts
Any options to go with steel rods, so it can be used as a street engine? Aluminum rods are great for drag racing, but not what I would run on the street.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
gonns have to build one and run it man, you know this forum if they dont see numbers they dont believe. Also everyone will say they want it but money will talk. Sorry man we drive Neons:mopar::stab:.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes we are working on billet steele rods for this setup right now I will keep everyone posted

Any options to go with steel rods, so it can be used as a street engine? Aluminum rods are great for drag racing, but not what I would run on the street.

·
SRTforums Member, SRT of the Month
3,015 Posts
Can I be the Test Car??!!:rofl:

1 - 20 of 94 Posts