Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
SRTforums Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an injen short ram intake, custom side exhaust no resonators, Stage I, AGP WGA, MSD ignition, coil, and wires. I am using the adjustment nut on the wastegate to control boost. I am currently spooling to 18psi and holding it almost to redline. I have no surge taking place. I am wondering if this is a safe psi to run at with my setup or should I drop the boost some. I get alittle drop off at redline between 17 and 18. Should I lower the boost until I get Stage 2?

·
SRTforums Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iwhine said:
im doing about the same. as long as the computer has no control over it, and can't sense overboost, it should be fine. some people are running 19-20 so 18 should be fine, but someone correct me if im wrong. BTW, upgrade the fuel system soon!
i didnt mention that my car is an 04 with the larger fuel injectors. so 18 is ok. thanks

·
Registered
746 Posts
You need to find out pretty soon how you are doing with fuel. The last thing you want is to run into a lean situation. A couple of dyno runs will give you that info.

Percy

·
Registered
451 Posts
from what i read with the stage 1/ 2004 577cc injectors the safe limit of them is 18psi to redline so i would not push the car oast that. i ran 17psi on my car till i had the problem with the ovwer boost due to a disconnected sensor :flame:

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
it's not a problem about running about of fuel but more about running the turbo out of it's power making range. the opt setup it 18psi from 3000-5500ish. from there up till redline it should drop off to 15 at redline. while big number make you feel fast ur actually lossing hp by over working the turbo. that's also why stage II runs so rich so it can help out those high boost levels. if ur gonna get stage ii i'd just sell the wga so you can have it go towards the cost of stage II.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
What are you guys doing differently to get that much boost at redline? 15-16psi is what we all get automatically.

·
Registered
583 Posts
DaZone said:
What are you guys doing differently to get that much boost at redline? 15-16psi is what we all get automatically.
I don't know what you're talkin about, but none of the SRT-4's i've seen run 15-16 psi at redline...they may boost there, sure, but sure don't hold that to redline. stock redline boost is ~11 psi.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Cheebahawk said:
I don't know what you're talkin about, but none of the SRT-4's i've seen run 15-16 psi at redline...they may boost there, sure, but sure don't hold that to redline. stock redline boost is ~11 psi.
if you have aftermarket wga and bc you can up boost to kingdom come :grimrippe

·
Registered
88 Posts
i have and 04 with stage 3r and forged bov and wastgate spraco fmic msd ignition controller msd coil and wire aem intake and i got the upgraded boost gauge. im running about 25lb of boost and holding it in 3rd - 5th spiking to 30lb on 100 octane

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
akuma337 said:
I have an injen short ram intake, custom side exhaust no resonators, Stage I, AGP WGA, MSD ignition, coil, and wires. I am using the adjustment nut on the wastegate to control boost. I am currently spooling to 18psi and holding it almost to redline. I have no surge taking place. I am wondering if this is a safe psi to run at with my setup or should I drop the boost some. I get alittle drop off at redline between 17 and 18. Should I lower the boost until I get Stage 2?
It will be safe without the roofscoop. Just messing with you.

·
Registered
716 Posts
slow one said:
i have and 04 with stage 3r and forged bov and wastgate spraco fmic msd ignition controller msd coil and wire aem intake and i got the upgraded boost gauge. im running about 25lb of boost and holding it in 3rd - 5th spiking to 30lb on 100 octane
how did you get s3 already?

·
Registered
389 Posts
slow one said:

bull shit!!

·
SRTforums Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You will only get 11 - 13 psi if you are running the stock wastegate. I have AGP WGA. I am not using a boost controller, only the adjustment nut on the wastegate to pretension the spring. I still have more play in the adjustment nut but I am not gonna push it any further than it is now. 2nd goes to 17 and holds, 3rd gives 18 and holds between 17 and 18 till redline, 4rth does the same, 5th is boosting to 19 and holding at 18 till redline. But I just made the adjustment yesterday, and it will take some runs for the pcm to adjust. It should settle down some in 5th with some runs to redline. Hopefully.

·
SRTforums Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What kinda horsepower am I looking at with these numbers and mods??? I am putting this question out to those that have similar setups to mine and have put their cars on the dyno.

·
Registered
638 Posts
18psi at 6000rpm? 6000rpm is redline, right? 6250rpm is rev limit, right? just to clerify...

the system starts to lean out at 16psi at 6000rpm. the fuel pressure drops from about 5000-6000rpm giving us less fuel in the upper rpm's (unless you have a fpr).

i'd say 18psi at 6000rpm is dangerzone without proper fuel mods. especially with aftermarket exhaust.

i just dont understand how you can hold 18psi at 6000rpm. most of us can only hit 14-15psi with stock exhaust. maybe 15-16psi with upgraded exhaust...

·
Registered
775 Posts
I am holding 17 till redline and My A/F ratio was 11.5, I spike about 18-19 and when I hit about 5000 RPM, it goes down to like 16-17. So I think It is safe, I am pushing 270 HP with the following mods Stage 1, AGP WGA, Greddy EBC, Iceman TB, AEM SRI, ATP DP no cat, Mopar exhaust.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.