Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put in my 180 t-stat this weekend and now my car runs hotter that it did stock! The first night after the install it seemed fine but then the next day I drove my car and when I parked it I heard the over flow bottle overflowing and bubbling and my coolant was coming out of my radiator cap too! I have no idea what is causing the problem. Anybody else have this problem or know what it could be?

·
Forum Moderator
3,190 Posts
xbadmofox said:
So I put in my 180 t-stat this weekend and now my car runs hotter that it did stock! The first night after the install it seemed fine but then the next day I drove my car and when I parked it I heard the over flow bottle overflowing and bubbling and my coolant was coming out of my radiator cap too! I have no idea what is causing the problem. Anybody else have this problem or know what it could be?
I did the exact same mod over the weekend....Perhaps you have an air pocket that needs to be "burped" out? I did not need to burp my system and I am still running at about the same temp. as before the mod...Mind you I did run the car for about 10 mins with the heater cranked up, but I did not leave the cap off or the coolant hose from the fire wall off....I hope this helps...

·
Registered
244 Posts
hopefully you did not put it in backwards:eeeek: :eeeek:

when i changed mine it ran waaaaay cooler,

make sure you double check your shit!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Well the first thing would be to ask if you added coolant after installing this?

Other then that make sure nothing is wrong with your t-stat. The gasket on mine broke so thats why mine was running crazy hot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts