Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a 15 inch wheel that will go on the SRT-4 and clear the break caliper without the need for spacers. Please post if you have a set up like this and where I can get them.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Don't know about the two you're looking at. I have 15x7 Kosei K1 racing wheels. They fit perfectly, no spacers. I'm running 225/50/15 DRs, but slicks should work on them fine, also. Actually a little safer than the PT steelies, which are 6.5" wide instead of 7".

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
SRT4Real said:
Don't know about the two you're looking at. I have 15x7 Kosei K1 racing wheels. They fit perfectly, no spacers. I'm running 225/50/15 DRs, but slicks should work on them fine, also. Actually a little safer than the PT steelies, which are 6.5" wide instead of 7".

ditto!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SRT4Real said:
Can you tell me what the exact offset is on the wheel & where to buy them?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Damn I thought you meant you ran a 15 on slicks =P

·
Registered
740 Posts
LucyBop and SRT4real - The correct offset and place to buy would be nice to know. I figure tire rack, but I would need to know what offset to order. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Oops! Didn't notice the follow up questions...

I'm not sure of the offset. Go to tirerack.com and pick out the Kosei K1's that fit the PT Cruiser. They are a perfect fit. (Won't show them on the SRT-4 because the software assumes you'll want 17 inch rims or bigger).

Can you use 4 of them them for daily driving? I would think so. I've driven with them on the front for days at a time (when I was too lazy to swap back) and they work fine. Of course, that tends to wear out DRs in a hurry. Running 4 of them with street tires would give you less handling than stock.

·
Registered
358 Posts
A 38mm offset is what you want with the Kosei K-1. No spacer needed and no rubbbing with the 24.5/8/15 MT's. Now if you want to use 26" slicks, you'll need a spacer for the slick to clear the strut perch when it expands. If you have coilovers, no worrys.

Have fun :eveilgrin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts