Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my SRT to my little strip today and did some runs. I used my HKS Type-1's TT to time my 1/4 mile run.

I launched like a granny and spun out first, second, and didnt get traction till 3rd. In addition I left two very long burnout marks, and you cound tell the burnout mark with 1st gear and the burnout mark with 2nd gear.

Anyhow, I need to learn how to launch this car.
second, the car makes too much power for the stock 04 wheels and tires, I think I need some street slicks...

Anyhow, maybe I got like a 2.5 60' time or so....but I sure need to learn how to drive this car.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You have the black or silver HKS TT? I'm just asking if you had the silver (metric) if you were using 400M for the time? Or are you one of the lucky (smart) ones who figured out the black ones aren't metric beforehand? (They only had the silver at turboneon store and I ehem, didn't know there was a black 'American' version)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uhprentis said:
You have the black or silver HKS TT? I'm just asking if you had the silver (metric) if you were using 400M for the time? Or are you one of the lucky (smart) ones who figured out the black ones aren't metric beforehand? (They only had the silver at turboneon store and I ehem, didn't know there was a black 'American' version)

I'm using the black US spec model which measures everything in MPH etc.

·
Registered
626 Posts
well what mods do you have?
and i don't think it counts as a real 1/4 run unless you do it for real on a real track. if on the street, launch at like 2200rpms but don't full throttle it until you get traction in 1st. and i don't think it counts to guess your 60' either.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
JustANeonButBadass said:
and i don't think it counts as a real 1/4 run unless you do it for real on a real track. if on the street, launch at like 2200rpms but don't full throttle it until you get traction in 1st. and i don't think it counts to guess your 60' either.
Drop @ 2500 k, feather the clutch/ gas and whammo!

13.86 at 16Psi :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nick0716 said:
are u stock?
cuz if u are that not bad

Nope, got the full Psi-Fi stage 1 set-up, including PPQ etc etc.... boosted 17 dropping to 15. (in actuality, I could boost to 19 drop to 17 but didnt). In addition, I got the AGP FMIC....which Psi-Fi's original STG1 set-up didnt have.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JustANeonButBadass said:

my friends were telling me to launch at like 3-4K RPM's :crying:

Ohh well, I'll try 2200 next time out.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
YellowSRT4 said:

I'll give you a hint, its better to spin then bog....

·
Registered
626 Posts
3-4k rpms!?!? what, do your friends think you own a rwd? :lol:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JustANeonButBadass said:
3-4k rpms!?!? what, do your friends think you own a rwd? :lol:

nope they own EVO's

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
YellowSRT4 said:

yeah. i was getting off the line pretty good today (except for reaction time) but i'm new to this >;]... i learn fast.. but my boy (who "knows" his stuff) told me to warm up my tires with a quick burn out n then rev up high n take off.. what an ass.. made me lose the race cause i was skippen for a while before i caught traction, i'm only stock though... well next time...

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
warm up stock tires? only slicks work that way. just roll out like your taking off from a light normally, get out a little and mash the gas, quick shift to second, and your gone. on stock 2.2 60' and 13.8, and front tire pressure 26 psi, rear 50psi.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
mprtklr said:
warm up stock tires? only slicks work that way. just roll out like your taking off from a light normally, get out a little and mash the gas, quick shift to second, and your gone. on stock 2.2 60' and 13.8, and front tire pressure 26 psi, rear 50psi.

thanx for the tip, yeah I realize that some times when i fuk around on the street with people i take off pretty good with out high reven.. i did think about the tire pressure but didn't do anything.. I'll try it next time i go though..

·
Registered
741 Posts
I agree, DO NOT do a burn out with street tires, you will actually loose traction. Street tires work differnet than slicks. If anything, just clean the surfare of the tires but that' all you need. As for lauching, Lauch at idle, anything over 1800rpm will give you wheel spin. A lot of people talk about feathering the clutch, do that 30 times and you will have to buy a new clutch.

Percy

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
pdieppa said:
I agree, DO NOT do a burn out with street tires, you will actually loose traction. Street tires work differnet than slicks. If anything, just clean the surfare of the tires but that' all you need. As for lauching, Lauch at idle, anything over 1800rpm will give you wheel spin. A lot of people talk about feathering the clutch, do that 30 times and you will have to buy a new clutch.

Percy
Agreed, just a quick spin (or none at all) on street tires.

At a track, lower to 24-26 psi up front, 50 psi in back, launch at 1800-2200 rpm, and feather the clutch, but quickly. I've launched 160+ times at the track by slipping the clutch quickly, and (knock on wood) it's holding up fine. The stock clutch is pretty damn good, IMO.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
okay I gotta go and practice those launching techniques.

In addition, I want to get a set of 17x7.5" SSR comps with some 225 falken azenis... it should help me stick better

·
Banned
460 Posts
i usually launch at about 2000 and dont feather the clutch...and 4000 in an AWD car isnt really that impressive...in my GSX i was launching at 5000-5500 and raping people off the line thru 3rd gear (wasnt stock)...

·
Registered
39 Posts
your mph is still way low I have stg. 1 with fwd motion wga 19 psi solid mounts 3 in exhaust and on stk tires went 13.37 at 108.67 and with drag radials 21 psi went 12.47at 114.9 w. 1.897 60. normally i run 17-19psi and avg 12.7-13.00 consistently at around 109 with over 60 runs Im laid up with an axle problem right now but expect to be back soon

1 - 20 of 21 Posts