Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
:lol: there goes the evo, up next the sti.

any video i hope? or at least a time slip to semi-verify the run?

·
Registered
484 Posts
um...is it just me or does this car seem to not exceed the trap speeds of 102/3 mph?

·
Registered
484 Posts
i mean look at the 12.9 sec run...wasn't the trap speed the same? i dont get it

someone explain this to me please
thanx

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
NJ StreetRacing said:
i mean look at the 12.9 sec run...wasn't the trap speed the same? i dont get it

someone explain this to me please
thanx
Sam Camel ( sp?) posted a possibel explanation of that. Do a search

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
teed off waste gate ??
wtf does that mean?? how much where ? pictures , movie sound .. my srt is too slow :cry:

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
thispainisours said:
teed off waste gate ??
wtf does that mean?? how much where ? pictures , movie sound .. my srt is too slow :cry:
Haha an SRT slow thats funny :lol:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
This guy is messing with us,.....it was his first and last post ever,.....we been had :roll:

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
stevessrt said:
This guy is messing with us,.....it was his first and last post ever,.....we been had :roll:
:oops:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
look at his name, silverslug, a wrx owner if I ever heard one :D

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
well thats not funny :cry:
yes its slow dammit .. ive got evo 8's to worry about .. and the uber rice subbie :(

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
12.9 = 102 mph

If the driver lifts are starts to brake just after the first light which triggers the finish his time will not be effected but his trap speed will read lower because the trap for speed is 132 ft long. So you got 132 ft to knock off the mph reading on the display board.
I was doing testing Corvette and we were in indentical C5's and had time to do some fun runs. I always beat the other driver but my mph was 4 mph lower than his and it drove him nuts. I was shuting down at the first timimg light.
This is just one way to throw off the mph reading.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes my time is real.

R/T= 1.065
60'= 2.116
330= 5.766
1/8= 8.782
mph= 81.81
1000=11.382
1/4= 13.596
mph=102.73

stock tires, pressure dropped, open intake, fuel tee on the wastegate,. spikes 18 pounds, i ran the 13.5 with an infiniti bass link in the trunk, and two 15 inch tires, as well as two heavy ass back packs, the reason the 12.9 car has such a low trap speed is due to his slicks, i had a GTI 1.8t,and ran 12.9 @ 109 on bottle, a lot more mile an hour.......i ran at MOROSO motorsports park in west palm florida, im gonig to be running the event on the 5th an 6th, im going to have a 100 shot as well as slicks, so BOOOOOOOYAAAAAAA!

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
SILVERslug said:
yes my time is real.

R/T= 1.065
60'= 2.116
330= 5.766
1/8= 8.782
mph= 81.81
1000=11.382
1/4= 13.596
mph=102.73

stock tires, pressure dropped, open intake, fuel tee on the wastegate,. spikes 18 pounds, i ran the 13.5 with an infiniti bass link in the trunk, and two 15 inch tires, as well as two heavy ass back packs, the reason the 12.9 car has such a low trap speed is due to his slicks, i had a GTI 1.8t,and ran 12.9 @ 109 on bottle, a lot more mile an hour.......i ran at MOROSO motorsports park in west palm florida, im gonig to be running the event on the 5th an 6th, im going to have a 100 shot as well as slicks, so BOOOOOOOYAAAAAAA!
If that is exact conditions I say OMG!
Thats about an extra 100 lbs or so

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
SILVERslug said:
and who the hell ever said i was a wrx? moron
golly gee,....you are so right, how could I have come up with something like that with your oh-so informative first post to this thread,....and your total lack of any/all information after that untill the next day.
"teed off wastegate",....huh, how could I possibly read anything in to that :roll:

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
SILVERslug said:
Hey whats up!? I see your a newbie here. We are a pretty friendly forum so please refrain from personaly name calling and stuff like that.

Good times though, very impressive.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
SILVERslug said:
Hey whats up!? I see your a newbie here. We are a pretty friendly forum so please refrain from personal name calling and stuff like that. He was joking when he said it was a Rex.

Good times though, very impressive.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
18 Participants
lifeisdeath
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing