Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok my car has boosted 14-15 psi but lately i was below that around 13 psi so I changed my couplers to the vibrant ones that flex and my clamps to T-Bolt clamps. The pipes sit perfectly fine and are tightened as tight as possible. I also zip tied all my vacum lines and clamped down my PCV line running to my catch can. I went for a ride hoping to boost a bit higher and I'm boosting even lower :crying: I hit 12psi no matter what gear I'm in. I'm really disapointed because I spent a shit load of time and money making extra precautions not to leak anything. Anybody have any insight on wtf is going on?

PS Im about ready to put my stock piping on the passanger side.... Hardpipes don't seem to do shit but give me trouble.....

·
Registered
887 Posts
Its very simple do a boost leak test and then get back to us. Its the only way to find a leak you cant just change clamps and everything and be leak free. I found a huge leak on my car and fixed it gained 2 psi.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chewie said:
Did you reset your PCM? You could be in limp mode.
haven't done that but why would I be in limp mode?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I can only boost 10 to 12 psi as well... but I believe it's just the gauge.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
do a leak test. i thought all my clamps were good and tight, which they were. But I still had 2 large leaks at around 8 psi during the test. clamps were tight, but the pipes werent set right.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
yea my guage sits at the tip of the 0 when off.....the boost side....needle is at tip of the gray...i guess that is still considered fine but i only hold about 11 or 12psi (im stock)....could i be off since its at the tip of the 0 ( still in the gray area as mentioned b4) at idle i sit at like 17-18....when engine is cold its at like 16......i guess i ight have a guage thats slitghtly off whatu guys think........but all in all i think my car is fine and about right......

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the pipes have to sit right. they were flexable silicon couplers!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts