Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some race gas put the spring mod on for a some fun. I mixed the race gas 5gallons of race gas and about 6 gallons of 91, Any how It ate the chrome right of the borla exhaust, why?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,952 Posts
hmmmm,what do you call the stuff on the tips of the exhuast?its shiny like chrome?


joe r
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
It didn't actually eat the chrome from your exhaust. It will turn it white from the lead in the 110 octane. It will go away in time and it will be back to normal BLACK in no time :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
the tips are made of stainless just like all borla tips. and they guy above is right itll go away with time try polishing it off and if that doesnt work just give it some time. anyway no chrome tips..you really think mopar would put chrome tips on something for this car? cause i sure hope they wouldnt
chrome=ghey:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,095 Posts
joe r said:
hmmmm,what do you call the stuff on the tips of the exhuast?its shiny like chrome?


joe r

It's polished stainless steel, and there is nothing in race gas that will effect it. Like mentioned in the previous post, some racing fuels will leave a gray/silver residue in the exhaust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
594 Posts
KurleeDaddeeWRX said:
It didn't actually eat the chrome from your exhaust. It will turn it white from the lead in the 110 octane. It will go away in time and it will be back to normal BLACK in no time :)
Thats good. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried really hard to clean it but it just wouldn't come clean. I guess I'll just have to try harder. Does race gas in any way help or hurt the car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Rice-a-roni said:
I tried really hard to clean it but it just wouldn't come clean. I guess I'll just have to try harder. Does race gas in any way help or hurt the car?
110 octane is usually lead based an is not good for your O2 sensors, as well as your catalytic convertor. Once may be fine, but don't use leaded race fuel too often unless you get a catless exhaust and don't mind changing out O2 sensors more frequently.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was 111 race gas leaded and I paid 35.00 for 5 gallons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,611 Posts
Rice-a-roni said:
I tried really hard to clean it but it just wouldn't come clean. I guess I'll just have to try harder. Does race gas in any way help or hurt the car?
You will clog your o2 sensors and have to replace them. you cat will clog sooner. Plus the residue left behind by the lead will stain shit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BlackDragon said:
You will clog your o2 sensors and have to replace them. you cat will clog sooner. Plus the residue left behind by the lead will stain shit.
sweet, Maybe I'll get a highflow cat if it gets fucked up.lol.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top