Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I didn't see it posted anywhere, so I figured I would put it up. Alternative Motoring and West Coast Viper are sponsoring another private rental @ Fontana on Friday, November 12, 2004 (3pm-11pm). For those of you that went to the last one, it really was a lot of fun.

You can sign up here

Topic from last event

Pics and Vids of last event

List of registered cars/drivers :thumbsup:

If you have any questions, post here, or pm me. I know mild venom and quite a few others went last time, and everyone had fun... So you can ask them if you have any questions on if it was worth it or not etc...

Kap

P.S. I dont think you will be able to keep up this time venom... Cars in the shop right now getting heads/cam/intake manifold/long tube headers and tune. Should be an extra 125 hp at the wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
Blk_C5_FRC said:
I dont think you will be able to keep up this time venom... Cars in the shop right now getting heads/cam/intake manifold/long tube headers and tune. Should be an extra 125 hp at the wheels.
Very nice :thumbsup: . Which cam??? Specs?? Which heads?? 5.7 or 5.3....Stage 1, 2, or 3?? Which long tubes?? Please post your new #'s when you get them. Your car will be a different beast when you get her back :thumbsup: . Trust me :eveilgrin .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,445 Posts
I might have S3 by then so it might be closer than you think :jester: :jester:

J/K It probably won't be out yet. I will try to make it again but not sure if I can.

Are you hoping to hit high 11's w/ the extra power?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1sweet00SS said:
Very nice :thumbsup: . Which cam??? Specs?? Which heads?? 5.7 or 5.3....Stage 1, 2, or 3?? Which long tubes?? Please post your new #'s when you get them. Your car will be a different beast when you get her back :thumbsup: . Trust me :eveilgrin .
Best of everything... Ceramic coated LG longtubes with random tech cats. AFR 205 heads. Comp Cam 228/232 with custom grind for slightly less lift. FAST LSX manifold. Ported throtle body. Install and tuning by A&A Corvette in Oxnard (generally regarded as the best Vette tuner on the west coast). He is saying 450rwhp should be fairly easy at very reasonable A/F ratios. I will let ya know this weekend though!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mldvenm said:
Are you hoping to hit high 11's w/ the extra power?
If I dont pick up .9's to make 11's with an extra 125-150 at the wheels its time to sell my car and buy an SUV.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,311 Posts
How many runs did everyone get in last time? Depending on what I get done to my car before then I might try to make it. Hopefully it doesn't fill up fast like last time.

I can feel 13's right around the corner now. If not, I'll just put two springs on the WGA. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blackbird_R/T said:
How many runs did everyone get in last time? Depending on what I get done to my car before then I might try to make it. Hopefully it doesn't fill up fast like last time.

I can feel 13's right around the corner now. If not, I'll just put two springs on the WGA. :lol:
I showed up almost 4 hours late and get in 9 runs I think.. mldvnm and a couple of others logged 20+.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,190 Posts
How much is it? I may be interested
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
Blk_C5_FRC said:
Best of everything... Ceramic coated LG longtubes with random tech cats. AFR 205 heads. Comp Cam 228/232 with custom grind for slightly less lift. FAST LSX manifold. Ported throtle body. Install and tuning by A&A Corvette in Oxnard (generally regarded as the best Vette tuner on the west coast). He is saying 450rwhp should be fairly easy at very reasonable A/F ratios. I will let ya know this weekend though!

You BASDTARD!!!!! You're getting AFR heads :crying: . I want to get those sooo bad. I have heard nothing but good things about those heads. Congrats :thumbsup: . My mods are JE Pistons, Lunati forged connecting rods, 224/224 114 LSA custom cam, MMS Stage 2 heads, Ceramic coated Hooker long tubes, custom y-pipe with HF cats and an exhaust cut-out, ported throttle body, LS6 intake, ASP Pulley.......I think that's it :lol:

Installed at Don Lee Auto in Rancho Cucamonga. They are awesome. They removed my motor, rebuilt it, and reinstalled everything in ONE WEEK . Dropped it off on a Thursday evening and it was ready the next Friday afternoon :wah?!: . I was blown away. I've had the car back for 5 months now and I have put over 10 bottles through her (most of the time spraying a 150 shot). She's running GREAT!!

If you need any work, they come highly recommended and their prices are very competative. Visit any Western Forum at ls1.com or ls1tech.com and you will hear nothing but good things about them.

For tuning I went with Bottlefed Racing in Redlands. I'm happy with the tune. My #'s are in my sig. N/A, the A/F was 12.9 accross the board, and with N20 it was 11.0.

Take care, I hope to see you at Fontana (I'll probably be in the SRT). Beware though if you hit 11's, they will get on you about a cage. I was kicked out the last time I was there in the SS. I ran 11.8 @ 123 and and they told me to "tune it down", so I went from a 150 shot to a 100 shot and ran 11.9 @ 121....my night was over........opps :eveilgrin .

See ya :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1sweet00SS said:
Take care, I hope to see you at Fontana (I'll probably be in the SRT). Beware though if you hit 11's, they will get on you about a cage. I was kicked out the last time I was there in the SS. I ran 11.8 @ 123 and and they told me to "tune it down", so I went from a 150 shot to a 100 shot and ran 11.9 @ 121....my night was over........opps :eveilgrin .

See ya :thumbsup:
Was this on the last private rental on the 9/17? They said they were goin to be "leanant"... Or was this on a regular street legal day?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
Blk_C5_FRC said:
Was this on the last private rental on the 9/17? They said they were goin to be "leanant"... Or was this on a regular street legal day?
This was on a regular street legal day. How lenient are they on $100 day? I may bring out the SS then :eveilgrin .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1sweet00SS said:
This was on a regular street legal day. How lenient are they on $100 day? I may bring out the SS then :eveilgrin .
I dunno.. I showed up late.. Didnt boot anyone while I was there. There is also another one in dec.. I just didnt want to post it here. The one in dec is at famaso. Famaso track rental... Reason I say that is no FWD vehicles are allowed. Gonna be alot of fast cars there, and they dont want the FWD messing up track prep (If your running skinnies in the back, I think they will let you in though). Da's for famaso are generally 500 or so for that time of year... So great chance to get some fast times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Is that the one with the Terminator club? I remember seeing that post on their forum. I would love to race there, heck I wouldn't do a burn out and I would go around the water box. :thumbsup:

Blk_C5_FRC said:
I dunno.. I showed up late.. Didnt boot anyone while I was there. There is also another one in dec.. I just didnt want to post it here. The one in dec is at famaso. Famaso track rental... Reason I say that is no FWD vehicles are allowed. Gonna be alot of fast cars there, and they dont want the FWD messing up track prep (If your running skinnies in the back, I think they will let you in though). Da's for famaso are generally 500 or so for that time of year... So great chance to get some fast times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Timberwarp said:
Is that the one with the Terminator club? I remember seeing that post on their forum. I would love to race there, heck I wouldn't do a burn out and I would go around the water box. :thumbsup:
Well the problem is "dragging" the rear wheels instead of them being the drive wheels. If you can find some skinnies to run on the rears, they will let ya run. There are gonna be a lot of 9/10/11 second cars there, so track prep is the main concern for that event.... And yea, its the one hosted by SoCal Terminators.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,190 Posts
Blk_C5_FRC said:
Well the problem is "dragging" the rear wheels instead of them being the drive wheels. If you can find some skinnies to run on the rears, they will let ya run. There are gonna be a lot of 9/10/11 second cars there, so track prep is the main concern for that event.... And yea, its the one hosted by SoCal Terminators.
I have a Cobra but am not in the club. What is the latest date you can sign up? Would they still let me come?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No Hero said:
I have a Cobra but am not in the club. What is the latest date you can sign up? Would they still let me come?
I think the middle of next month (Nov).
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,190 Posts
Blk_C5_FRC said:
I think the middle of next month (Nov).
I mean when is the latest date I can sign up for the Fontana Private Track Rental on the 12th?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So is anyone going to Fontana? The date IS the 5th now. The minimum vehicles has been met, so sign up now! Had a great time last time, and would love to see some of you guys out there again.

Kap

(And hopefully I come home with my first 11sec slip :D)
 
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top