Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold), SRT of the Month
7,512 Posts
Honestly a 8.5 slick is plenty wide. If you get a wider slick and keep a narrow rim your gonna have bulge and a lot of unused slick. My rims are 9" wide but my slicks are 8.5. So that helps stretch them That combined with the proper alignment = awesome contact patch.

Skinnies do help, bu honestly if you can get your 60ft down it'll go 10's. Hell, if it doesn't break up up top it'll go 10's! You are that close!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Honestly a 8.5 slick is plenty wide. If you get a wider slick and keep a narrow rim your gonna have bulge and a lot of unused slick. My rims are 9" wide but my slicks are 8.5. So that helps stretch them That combined with the proper alignment = awesome contact patch.

Skinnies do help, bu honestly if you can get your 60ft down it'll go 10's. Hell, if it doesn't break up up top it'll go 10's! You are that close!
That was the last track day of the year so It looks like im going to have to wait.

I think my clutch is on its way out I have the street disk and it likes to lock me out of second so I dont even try to no lift shift that gear,should I get a Puck?

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold), SRT of the Month
7,512 Posts
Message me man and I'll hook you up with a new 6 puck disc (assuming the rest of your clutch is good).

A puck might relieve those issues.

·
SRTforums Member, SRT of the Month
4,342 Posts

agreed.. 1.57-1.63's all day... 8.5 slick is just fine..

·
Premium Member
2,426 Posts
How high do you guys rev to pull off a 2nd gear burnout?

Is it good practice to hold it 5 secs? (Read that somewhere)
You will have to experiment to find how much heat your particular tires like. A few of the slick manufacturers have said that holding the burnout until you see a little smoke roll off the tires is good place to start and go from there. My car seems happy with a few seconds on M&H slicks.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Congrats meng.
And yes 2nd gear burnout is the deal

21 - 40 of 54 Posts