Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Brake Job that is.....

I am willing to pay someone $100 if they could help me put on my new brakes. I got the Mopar Stage 1 brake kit from MPSC and that includes all four rotors as well as the carbon fiber pads. I am looking to have someone who actually knows what the hell they are doing and not some newbie that has done this once before.

I am assuming that I will have to also have the lines properly bled after the install so any applicant must know how to properly do this if it does in fact need to be done with new brakes. I would be more than happy to drive anywhere to meet said person.

I have a nice long weekend (fri-mon) this coming weekend when we could do it but if that is not a possibility then we could do another time.

So all you potential helpers out there post up and let me know what we can do and we can try to work something out....HOLLA!!

·
Premium Member
10,649 Posts
Shouldnt have to bleed them. I would do it but its like a 2:30-3hr ride for you to come here

·
Registered
237 Posts
Too bad ya just posted this, I start my new job tomorrow @ Bald Hill.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
I can do it but Im in northen ct near the mass line.. I have another car to put a 50 trim and other goodies in, but I could find time to do it if you can't find anyone else and willing to make the drive down:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
how far are you from norwood, ma? if you're within about an hour or so, i could do it no problem. i'm a uti grad, worked in the field for a year and a half and worked on friends cars for like the last 4 years and i'm now in the mercedes benz training program, so it won't be anything new for me. send me a pm and we can exchange phone #'s to set something up.

chris

·
Registered
945 Posts
if you want ill do it for ya. if ya want my resume pm me and ill give ya my list of accolades. lol lemme know.

·
Registered
79 Posts
ill do it if you want to come this way

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow overwhelming response here....thanx for all the support. I am in N. Providence so whoever is most convienent to that location would be of great benefit. I dont have any tools that I can bring along with me since they are all at my parents house so whatever destination I choose is going to be needing the necessary tools.

Also I am curious to see how much time that you think a job like this should take? I think it will also be a great learning experience for myself so holla at me peoples!!

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Give me a ring i'm around all weekend..

Need something to do anyways..

PM me for my number.. I'm In swansea so i'm like 20 min away..

Should be around 1 hr to do give or take..

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sweet!!! Dave I will def be giving you a call this weekend then since I would trust you the most to get this done properly. How does saturday at anytime sound? I could get over there whenever convienent to you be it early morning or later in the afternoon. I think I still have your number but you can hit me up via PM with the number again and I will give you a call.

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
^^^ thought you said you couldent work on cars this weekend.. LIER!!!!!!!

my TOB comes in tomorow.. ill scedumal with you next weekend :)

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh I just figured it out....Tig Ol Bitties

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Jmhm17 said:
^^^ thought you said you couldent work on cars this weekend.. LIER!!!!!!!

my TOB comes in tomorow.. ill scedumal with you next weekend :)
I can do small jobs because i have to do them outside.. won't do a big job because i would rather have the garage..

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
I think a howler monkey could do this job for half of a 40oz and 2 lucky strikes.

Were only talking about rotors and pads here. Just make sure to suck all the brake fluid from the MC before you start to compress the pistons in the calipers & grease up the slider pins.

28 Bolts in this Job (counting lugs)

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well I allready threw the offer out there so I cant be an indian giver

1 - 20 of 21 Posts