Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
JRMAGANA said:
^^X2

-> Why DOT 3 brake fluid in a car this fast?
-> What's with 17x6 wheels and 205/50 tires in a car that just begs for traction and better handling?
-> Why not use stronger wheel studs? I'm sure another $50 per car invested in this particular item wouldn't have driven DCx to bankruptcy. :tongue:
DOT 3's specifications meets all the OEM requirements for this vehicle.

See previous post regarding wheel/tire size.

The recommended torque for lug nuts is 85 ft-lbs which are perfectly acceptable for the life of this vehicle.

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
MoparMan said:
Why don't cars like the Viper and the SRT-4 come with common mods like short throw shifters already installed at the factory?
The 2003 Viper has a shorter throw shifter than previous years. Short throw thrifters increase shift effort beyond what some people would consider desireable.

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
bigggbubba said:
Dear srt engineers,
I recently purchased a Magnum srt8 and am extremely impressed with its performance, so much so that I want to install a 6.1 hemi(+transmission) into my 73 dodge Challenger(currenly 340). Can I purchase this motor? Also the Magnum has an occassional slight whine at idle-is this normal?
The 6.1L is not available as acrate motor but the 5.7L hemi is and would make an excellent motor for your car. Go to the Mopar site and take a look.

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Time is over for tonight

SRTengineers said:
A group of SRT Engineers will be monitoring only this thread on Thursday, October 27, 2005, from 6:00 p.m. EST–8:00 p.m. EST. They will answer any question posted here until 8:00 p.m. Check back between 6–8:00 p.m. EST this Thursday evening for answers to your questions. You can even carry on a live discussion with the SRT Engineers by posting back and forth during this time period!
OK, we have to go for tonight. Sorry we had some techinical problems early on and didn't get to as many questions as we would have liked. We also need a better way to keep up with the re-posts and will work on that. We will do this once a month and will post the next date and time on this forum soon. We would like to let you know that we cannot answer future product questions so these we will just not respond to. We will try and get to as many questions as we can and hopefully over time get them all answered. Thanks you all for joining our first of many sessions with the engineers at SRT.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
BoostLee said:
That freakin rocks. The engineers of DCx finally answering some questions from their buyers. Thanks alot fellas, now I need to read through the entire post! Hopefully next time there wont be as much spam.
Hence, why we are trying to clean it up for you guys! This will make it easier to read and understand. This will be a great tool for the forums and it's members. Please bear with us, while we continue to clean up this thread to make it more accessible and easier to read. :readclose :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Guys, I went ahead and made this thread a "sticky" for everyone! :readclose

Also, we are already talking about how to go about this in the future. Thanks for all the suggestions! We will definately let everyone know what we come up with to make this a better experience for everyone next time around, and to get everyone's questions answered. Thanks again everyone! :thumbsup:

Finally, per everyone's request, I went ahead and updated this thread with "Quotes" to the questions answered by the SRTengineers. This was a greuling process that took me nearly 5 1/2 hours. The thread went from 12 pages to 4 pages! But now, it should be MUCH easier to read through this thread and see what questions were answered by the SRTengineers. I deleted all posts that didn't get answered or that were considered "BS" posts, lol. :lol:

I hope this helps everyone out! Thanks! :thumbsup:

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.