Dodge SRT Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
crewzen said:
Why did't you guys correctly impliment the front suspension and the motor mounts to where they would be useable under power. Not bunny hop on wet pavement and those motor mounts move way too much. This is a performance car that can't. Not like the little train that could. :lol: :jester: My grandmother has a car. :thumbsup:
Remeber the car was built to be a street car as well as a performance car. And that means that you have to find the right balance between track and street. We also wanted to keep the car affordable so by using the production motor mounts we can keep the bang for the buck quotient high.

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
iball said:
How many different transmissions were tested on the prototype SRT-4s before they finally settled on the NVG T850 and what were they?

How many different turbos were tested on the prototype SRT-4s before they finally settled on the Mitsubishi TD-04 and what were they?
(We already know about the supercharger, thank GOD that didn't go into production!)
The NVG T850 was the only transmission that would package and handle the torque capacity.

There were three suppliers whose turbos we evaluated... Garrett, Borg Warner, and Mitsubishi. In total, we evaluated about 25 different configurations.

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
tom6433 said:
what are the chances that this could actully see production? i haven't read a post yet about someone not liking it and the posts are just the opposite for the caliber. i understand you may be trying to hit a different niche, but what about the niche the current srt4 was built for?

Sorry, we are not able to comment on future products.

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
WuSrT04 said:
Did you make any changes to from the 03 stage 1 computer to the 04 stage 1 computers due to the limited slip diff?... just wanted to know becouse i run a 03 stage 1 pcm on my 04 srt 4. What would be the difference felt?

Did you do any recalibration to any of the srt's pcm's mid year from the 03 - 04 model years?

whats makes the 05's pcm so different from the last two model years.

OHH AND THAT CAR ABOVE IS SOOOOO SEXY BUILD IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!
There were no changes to the pcm for limited slip differential.

We did not do any recalibrations mid year.

The 04 and 05 pcm are the same.

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
srt4 Geezer said:
I will like to thank the engineers for giving us the opportunity to ask our questions. I have an 04 SRT4 with 76,00 miles. All of the maintenance recommended, in the owners manual were followed to the letter. My car is stock with no modifications and I have experienced no problems. How long can the turbo last before needing replacing? Is it worth rebuilding the engine after 100,000 miles, or replacing it with another? I intend to keep this car for another 2 years.
It is very difficult to answer your question without knowing more about your driving cycles, habits, and vehicle maintenance. Sorry.

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
Krimsrt4 said:
Even if it is a hoax, which was the first thing I thought of here goes.

Why does the engine idle like a jack hammer compared to other I4 engines.
If the noise is that loud you should take it to the dealer. Don't forget this is a 230 HP, 250 ft-lb torque engine.

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
Locutus said:
This thread is a hoax. If it were for real, it would have been posted by a moderator announcing the event, or it would have been posted by one of the known SRT engineers that posts here (Dodgetweaker for example). Give it up guys/gals, there will be no SRT Engineers chat room tomorrow night. But, it is a good idea and SRT should do it.
Take it to the bank. There are 6 of us sitting in the directors conference room at SRT HQ anwering your questions. The reason we did it this way is because we are not internet geeks and decided this would be an easy way to talk to the community.
So how do you like us now?

·
Registered
91 Posts
ptc01 said:
2003 Stage 3 - On a hill driving at highway speeds (65-70 mph) I can spike 26 lbs of boost, but on a level surface I'll pull 22 pounds of boost. Why the difference?
I will take this one. When a turbo car is under increased load, it will build more boost (Because the more work the motor does, the more exhaust is produced)

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
shaag78749 said:
What are the spring rates (front and rear) for MOPAR Stage I springs?
You guys produce a marvelous product. We all appreciate the performance that was provided in the SRT-4, and after attending the SRT Track Experience at Las Vegas, I realize that you put comparable performance into every SRT vehicle. Thanks for bringing back the muscle car era.
We'll post the spring rates in a few days. Thanks for the great comments!

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
Stage-1-SRT-4 said:
what are some cheap tricks to make my SRT-4 fast and how much should I advance my stock cams for best performance?
Here is a trick, remove the hose, clean the hose and the tube with an appropiate solvent, apply a small amount of RTV on the intercooler, put the intercooler hose back on and apply sufficient torque to the clamp. Good luck. Works at 22 psi at the top of Pikes Peak.

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
SyberKhanX said:
First - this thread is rediculous. I think I only saw 1 good question, the rest were pretty pointless, IMO.

I have just 2 questions.
#1 - Could someone explain the oil blowback that so many owners have experienced, (oil in the intercooler, etc...) and why there wasn't some solution implemented before production. Is it just not something to worry about? does it not effect any parts?

#2 - I think this was covered at nationals, but what is the official stance regarding the intake or the SRT-4. I have heard that the stock airbox is extremely well designed, with even the "kink" being formed in such a way as to not decrease airflow, as it has equal cubic space as the rest of the intake.
This being said, why then release a Mopar CAI? Is it just to fufill demand for the product, factual evidence be damned?
#1 see previous post for the answer to this
#2 in some higher speed situations, the CAI will help increase hp.

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
ViperSRT said:
Will they answer Viper questions as well? If so here goes?

Is the stock differential warranty voided if you use stickier tires (such as Kumhos)?

Why the change to the hydrolok differential (terrible in corners due to rapid shift in torque)?

What is the best way to lower the SRT-10 and why was ground clearance increased versus the Gen I/II?

Heat, what to do about the heat!

I have noticed the front fenders starting to distort (near the side sill attachments). What can be done to correct this? Is it warrantied?

Is headlamp fogging a correctable issue?

Why was the engine fuel shut-off speed lowered in 2003? Can it be raised back?

Why the skip shift on a car with 3k in fuel guzzler tax? Seems like I am paying for poor fuel economy twice.

What are you doing NOW to counteract the Corvette Z06 from snatching away the American supercar title? (and why are 2006 MY magazine reviews so much slower than 2003 MY)

Why have you not marketed any of the Carbon Fiber SEMA concept car parts?

That should do it for now.
Let me answer the first question. Running Kumo tires at an autocross type of an event will not void your warranty on the differential. But we would recommend Michelin Tires.

·
SRT Engineering Team
256 Posts
04EJGRASS said:
I have heard alot of differnt speculation about how much boost is safe ?

So I have an '04 with a stage 1 and BOV and WGA. I run 15 to 17 lbs of boost. Is this "safe"? I am considering installing a wideband O2 sensor just to confirm this, but I am sure that Dodge knows what is safe..... SO.....?
It is normal to see 15-17 lbs of boost under some operating conditions. As you can imagine we can't recommend significant modifications other than Mopar kits due to warranty implications or configurations that we did not design/develop for.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.