Dodge SRT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
SRTforums Member, SRT of the Month
1,709 Posts
well made my last passes on the stock setup last night ran 8.4 @ 88.8 mph with a 2.1 60ft did a 12.9 @ 110 1/4 that same pass

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
well made my last passes on the stock setup last night ran 8.4 @ 88.8 mph with a 2.1 60ft did a 12.9 @ 110 1/4 that same pass
That's moving on street tires man. Do you WOT shift your car also?

drewc's ET and trap for his setup.
Actually it's just fwd with a useless 1st and 2nd gear. My car was easier to get off of the line when I had a S2 no toys setup with the stock turbo. Now I am trying to learn how to roll into the throttle when launching and not mash the pedal in second gear (and I still don't have it yet lol).

So far Kason, Black Beast, and a local guy here are the only ones I have ever seen put down mid-low 8 second eight mile times on pure street tires. Impressive to me!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Got to love fwd lol! You must have had traction issues through the lower gears? With slicks, that 60', and mph you should be in the 7.4-7.6 range.

Have you ever ran your car on street tires?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Got to love fwd lol! You must have had traction issues through the lower gears? With slicks, that 60', and mph you should be in the 7.4-7.6 range.

Have you ever ran your car on street tires?
If you are referring to me, I've never run on street tires. In fact, this was basically my 5th pass in the car on the 50 trim setup. I'm still learning how to drive it on slicks. I was happy with the traps, though.

·
1,709 Posts
That's moving on street tires man. Do you WOT shift your car also?

Actually it's just fwd with a useless 1st and 2nd gear. My car was easier to get off of the line when I had a S2 no toys setup with the stock turbo. Now I am trying to learn how to roll into the throttle when launching and not mash the pedal in second gear (and I still don't have it yet lol).

So far Kason, Black Beast, and a local guy here are the only ones I have ever seen put down mid-low 8 second eight mile times on pure street tires. Impressive to me!

thanks man, and nope thats full lift shifting every gear I hope to run really low 12s to high 11s next time at the track still on the same street tires. Its my daily driver and I like to sit LOW so im not picking it up to throw slicks or DR on it to make a pass not yet anyways

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Ran [email protected] with a 1.66 60' on M&H 235/60/15 D.O.T.'s using what is basically my pump gas tune.

·
1,709 Posts
ran new best last night, 8.1 @ 92.9 2.1 60ft on the same pure street tires as before

·
1,709 Posts
On a LCR big wheel stock turbo e-gated manifold on 23psi with no tune lmao the car will only get faster because I'm gona run 27lbs and turn the meth on when it gets tuned I hope to run a [email protected] 95 with it just the way it drives around everyday

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
do u guys run stock trannys?im just curious because i have had far from good luck with my tranny and i run my local1/8 track about 5-6 times a month.last night i ran a couple of times and it seemed as though every time i ran my transmission acted up a little more.it starts getting harder to go into gears and the clutch feels like it lets out alot sooner.it is a stock tranny with the discontinued mopar clutch.the car is an 04 stage 2 w/open dp and hom.the first time i ran was a 9.4 and it just got worse as the night went on.im on street tires and mm inserts.thanks

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
do u guys run stock trannys?im just curious because i have had far from good luck with my tranny and i run my local1/8 track about 5-6 times a month.last night i ran a couple of times and it seemed as though every time i ran my transmission acted up a little more.it starts getting harder to go into gears and the clutch feels like it lets out alot sooner.it is a stock tranny with the discontinued mopar clutch.the car is an 04 stage 2 w/open dp and hom.the first time i ran was a 9.4 and it just got worse as the night went on.im on street tires and mm inserts.thanks
I'd adjust the clutch. It sounds like the wear on the fork is not allowing the clutch to fully release.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I'd adjust the clutch. It sounds like the wear on the fork is not allowing the clutch to fully release.
how do u adjust the clutch.just adjust the pedal?or is it something ill have 2 get in the tranny 2 do?thanks

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
thanks,ill have to look into that

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Nigel (turbo666) went 8.4 @ 87-88mph on straight street tires back in 2006 when he was still stock turbo and bolt-ons. He got drag radials after that and ended up going 7's.

Sounds like the 1/8 miles clocks weren't working right either then. 84mph with a 1.8 60' doesn't get you a 8.17 from what I have seen. 84mph normally gets you 8.4-8.6's
I've done 8.4 @ 82 with a 1.8 60ft. Lifting every shift.

·
1,709 Posts
I hope to run some 7.8's on street tires here in the next few weeks. I have some major clutch/trans problems that I will be taking care of and also adding the WOT feature to my TCS. After I run 7.8 or make enough passes to where I think its not able to do so in street form slicks will be put on the car

41 - 60 of 86 Posts