1/8-------9.110
MPH-----80.28
1000----11.759
1/4-----14.002
MPH---100.17

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
I had a faster 60' (2.1) and you still managed to pull higher numbers than me. Very nice indeed! Im 215lbs. :) I guess 75lb lighter and i might hit 13.9 :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Great run.

It is good to see a bone stock car on the verge of the 13s.

I am jealous of you guys at sea level with damp air.

We run at The Strip in Vegas where the elevation is about 2500 feet and the air is often hot and dry.

I doubt if I will come close to your numbers unless I take my car to a California strip.

Back in the mid 80s I had a Chevy Turbo Sprint. I know, three cylinders and 12 inch tires. Well I played with the boost and put R compound 13" Yokos on Panasport wheels. It was quick and reminded me of my old Mini Cooper S. I would drive it to the coast and it was like I had turned up the boost 10 lbs, the thing flew.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
RaptorRed said:
Made a few runs at the track today.

1/4-----14.002
damn... cant get much closer than that. so, who will be the first into the 13's stock? come on guys, i know you have it in you. :twisted:

·
Registered
109 Posts
In 1964 my buddys and I campained a 61 Dodge with a 383 and ram induction in NHRA C Stock Automatic. Our best run was a 14.01 on a 13.99 national record. We ran cheater slicks, and headers.

Now a guy with a box stock FWD econo car can run that time out of the box. I don't remember our trap speed, but I am sure we never broke a hundred.

That is pretty amazing. I guess you can tell I am old.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:p ...Old is relative.... :D

I got dubbed "Grandpapa Neon" at our dyno event.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Well, don't break 13 yet, I haven't even gotten mine yet. Great runs, Raptor. What track did you go to? I know of Sunshine, but I'm not sure what else is around here. When I get mine, I'd love to take it to the track a few times.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Grunge said:
Well, don't break 13 yet, I haven't even gotten mine yet. Great runs, Raptor. What track did you go to? I know of Sunshine, but I'm not sure what else is around here. When I get mine, I'd love to take it to the track a few times.
We'll should all ride down together and run 'em. All we need is a silver one in Tampa to go along with Term's yel, Rap & Grunge's blk, & my red!

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i was a passenger on one of the runs in Raptor's SRT and its trully breathtaking to run a 14.3, its so composed and err quiet considering whjat you are doing/asking it to do. I think Raptor had a few good runs from a 2nd gen Neon that had a 75 shot. The first run we did Raptor had a rider and i activated the juice for my friend and what happened next was dumbfounding. I had fun RaptorRed thanks alot and that 2nd gen will be bosting on u next time...muhahaha he was inspired today by you and turbodave

btw guys TurboDave is one of the pioneers of the non DCX efforts to turbo a 2.4. He was here in Tampa Bay for the weekend and in the process his car not only scared me after the countless rides i took in it but it ran a 12.5 @ 120mph :shock: :shock: wanna know how? :

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&ext=1&groupid=45129&ck=

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
DAMN!!!!

Fooking SCHWEETT!!!!!!

Now take out the spare, take out the jack, and half tank of gas ( maybe less), and dont eat for 4 hrs before :)
Should be good enough for a 13.7 I say :)

Nice #'s though!
Did i read your invoice right? 47?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
RUgoinup said:
We'll should all ride down together and run 'em. All we need is a silver one in Tampa to go along with Term's yel, Rap & Grunge's blk, & my red!
i was trying to do that saturday but the red one i was hoping for backed down due to low milage/break in period. Terminator and RaptorRed made it and we all had a blast at the dyno. I hosted the dyno meet...l8r guys

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cali, I don't know what you saw on the invoice. It was under 22k out the door.

Grunge, Bradenton Motorsports Park.http://www.bradentonmotorsports.com/

As far as weight reduction, if I took out the spare, the 30 or so pounds of video equipment in the back seat, and threw ACR2NV out the window :lol: , I could probably break into the 13's.

The launch is the hardest thing to get right, a low RPM launch is what worked for me.

We'll see when I get down there next time.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
I'm taking mine to the track on Wednesday, muahaha, down to sunshine, too bad it's only 1/8 mile :( , oh well, I'll be sure and post up my times :D

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FloridaNEONS had a weekend event. Dyno day saturday, and Bradenton sunday. We rented the track for a Neon and guests only day.

I got 13 runs, my son got 19, and some people got over 30.

Well worth the trip !! (only 49 miles from me)

DeSoto speedway and Bradenton Motorsports Park are at the same place.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I live about 5 miles from Texas World Speedway. You guys ever make it down to Texas to run your cars?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Terminator said:
I'm taking mine to the track on Wednesday, muahaha, down to sunshine, too bad it's only 1/8 mile :( , oh well, I'll be sure and post up my times :D
call me Terminator on Wednesday and i'll try to be there so i can hopefully coach u to a decent pass

1 - 20 of 23 Posts