Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys been out the srt4 game for awhile. Been recently goin over my n srt thats been parked for years

* I was young and dumb when i got this car and had it setup the way it is so dont rip me to hard lol*

Now my 05' stock turbo has some mods like agp wga, greddy bov, 3 inch needswings downpipe w. elec cutout, mopar cold air, borla exhaust,
-Recently tore it down to do a complete overhaul n go over everything

Now my vacuum lines are still setup from factory (some missing due to Aftermarket bov i think the blue and pink) ....... which i believe is still technically (pcm controlled boost) , but i do have an Agp wastegate with the adjustment thing

Question is....

Whats better? ... redo my vacuum lines so I strictly run boost off my agp wga (19 lb spring) and eliminate the spaghetti mess of vaccumm lines

or.....

Get a Diablosport Tuner, leave my vacuum lines alone and run a DSP and set up a 93 octane tune

Just if anyone has any input that'd be awesome.....

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
now-a-days (feel old saying that), if i had a stock turbo, i would be using PCM controlled boost. I would probably leave the AGP wastegate (probably turn it down). The PCM does boost per gear which greatly helps with traction.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
A second vote for PCM controlled boost. I'd get rid of the heavy spring AGP wastegate actuator though, the stock PCM is programmed for the spring of the stock wastegate actuator.

I would give the vacuum lines a good look and make sure they aren't cracked. The engine bays get hot and those lines are all at least 15 years old now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, yeah thats what im probably heading towards just leaving it pcm controlled and maybe get a dsp ... plan on doin a boost leak test im sure ill have some leaks lol

appreciate the input [email protected] (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts