Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Obviously, Dodge has noticed the heat problems the 03-04 SRT-4 is having with their plug wires. The 2005 SRT-4 includes plug wire protection against the high turbo radiant heat. I did contact PVO to check on 05 build. We @ DEI does offer various forms of plug wire protection to help reduce the chance of melting and cracking wires (you all know what that does).

Protect-a-boot and wire kits: (Thanks Nick)

Aluminum plug wire Heat Sheaths: (Thanks Brandon)

Check out: www.designengineering.com

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
Jon @ DEI said:
I have seen factory heat protection and our product is 1000% better.
Curious, do you have pictures of the stock 05 protection? I'm wondering what DCX did.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Yes, it would be good to see a pic of dcx's version of heat shielding. Anyone able to snap a shot?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey my car is at the dealer right now and i looked at the 2005. It looks the same to the 2004. i am gonna give it a good thorough look over when i pick up my car...

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
2004yellowsrt4 said:
Hey my car is at the dealer right now and i looked at the 2005. It looks the same to the 2004. i am gonna give it a good thorough look over when i pick up my car...
Take a camera with you and get pictures of the engine bay and window sticker please.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
noTe said:
Curious, do you have pictures of the stock 05 protection? I'm wondering what DCX did.

Have not seen it in person, but I have never seen a domestic use quality heat protection.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jon @ DEI said:
Have not seen it in person, but I have never seen a domestic use quality heat protection.

Yes, take a picture!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I will get a small camera from walmart and take some pics and try to have them posted this weekend. I mean fellows if that 05 i looked at for like 3 minutes is an 05 then you could pull my car right next to it and they would be the same. identical.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just looked up spark-plug wires for an '05 and I didnt see any listing or note for heat sheilds for the wires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts