Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking with some people whom work at DCX, and they were stating that the Mopar Computer Upgrade is just a FLASH of the computer to the computer program and tables that the 2004 SRT-4 will be using stock. It will add about 20 hp.

And as for the 2004 model, there is already a lot of changes being made to suspension, and other areas.

As for the rest of the upgrades, I am still trying to pry some information out of him. Like cost, or hp rating or anything else.
This is a post from the org site that I found interesting!!

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
It might be, but then the 04 would have to be more expensive. It's still shady on the parts they will use for chassis/suspension work, or whether it'd be better to just spend less on a 03 and upgrade yourself. Kind of annoying with no specs yet.

- Khryz.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
drizze99 said:
I was talking with some people whom work at DCX, and they were stating that the Mopar Computer Upgrade is just a FLASH of the computer to the computer program and tables that the 2004 SRT-4 will be using stock. It will add about 20 hp.

And as for the 2004 model, there is already a lot of changes being made to suspension, and other areas.

As for the rest of the upgrades, I am still trying to pry some information out of him. Like cost, or hp rating or anything else.
Is that at the wheel or crank?

It is same for the Hemi 5.7, which is more than 40HP detuned. There is another flash coming for those who wish to run 91 Octane vice 89.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
drizze99 said:

If you can get the map of the SRT-4 upgrade, I can have someone do a flash for us now.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
NY Getting 2004's?

My dealer here just contacted me stating they "it is to their understanding" that the SRT-4's they'll be receiving will be 2004's. The dealer isn't one of the clueless dealers, or one of the ones that seems to know all their shiet about it -- it's somewhere in the middle. So I don't know if to trust them on this. If they get 2004's that'd be really cool, but would that mean that we won't be getting them to like mid-summer? The wait so far is horrible and I don't think I could wait another 4-5 months.

Anybody else's dealer (besides Canada) say that they're getting 2004's? Or are they just mis-informed. Because I believe the SRT-4's out now in Cali and Florida are infact 2003.5's, so it's possible by the time they get here.

I just wish there was a set releash, and some specs on the differences between the 2004 and 2003.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
If they offered LSD and better shifting would you guys wish you had waited?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I don't know how the shifting could be fixed, but I don't have a problem with mine anyway. I wouldn't have waited for the LSD either, it can be added to mine, and from mopar, it will be the same setup as the factory option, if that happens in 04.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Ahh, we are the true hard core. I drove 1600+ for my SRT. I wouldn't have waited for anything!!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Psamtik said:
It's possible that Dodge is committed to upgrading the car and its performance every year or so, not unlike the trends that the EVO and WRX have been doing over the past 9 years.
You do realize that up until a couple months ago, there has been a horsepower restriction in Japan of around 290HP. Im sure if there was never one, the STI and EVO would be untouchable.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
It wasn't a restriction. The manufactures all had a gentlemens agreement to not have over 280 hp. This was true in manufactures claims only tho, and most of the japan supercars that all listed 280hp were pumping much more than that.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
meddle said:
If they offered LSD and better shifting would you guys wish you had waited?
Not really. We have a MOPAR counter guy on this list, which is very helpful in procuring parts. Unless there is a significant change, I would still up the part change out.

After review of the STAGE II run from APC, I wondering if it is worth going after the SRT-10 Ram vice going for more power on the little SRT-4.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
NJ StreetRacing said:
Psamtik said:
It's possible that Dodge is committed to upgrading the car and its performance every year or so, not unlike the trends that the EVO and WRX have been doing over the past 9 years.
You do realize that up until a couple months ago, there has been a horsepower restriction in Japan of around 290HP. Im sure if there was never one, the STI and EVO would be untouchable.
I wouldn't worry to much. The Magnum wagon is a AWD vehicle with 430HP and can carry 6-passenger.

Also remember, in two more years, the Neon will become part of Mitsu line as Mitsu becomes part of DC division for subs to medium cars.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
So I take it that still, nobody has a clue on when the 2004 is coming out? Because I don't understand how a "2003" SRT-4 is coming out in the midst of 2004 cars this summer, which is when the rest of the states will be getting them. It should be a 2003.5 or something to clear things up.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i think DCX and PVO are about to drop a bomb on the Sport Compact scene come the 2004 MY run. See PVO has been way too quiet lately and when they are wicked things are to come. Back in 2000 DCX would not comment on a future ACR or RT but 12 months later we get the Magnum RT and ACR. Currently they did their part and launched the car (later than expected) Jan 03' (the date they started leaving the plant's lot) and to this date we havent heard any more details. The suspense is killing me but i do not doubt that DCX/PVO/Mopar are cleverly up to something. Alot of you dont realize that eventhough im a non owner i have been a good source of correct/factual info to many of the locals here regarding this car and have kept a very close eye on the progress since the 2000 Concept. I still have pics of the original running prototype (the yellow one, the black was Supercharged SOHC which were given to me by a good friend 2.5 years ago) here on my hard drive that i wish to share but donot have a host. In light of the mystery at the moment i ask everyone to be patient because great things are coming from the PVO hideout in Detroit :wink: :twisted:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
hell no i wouldnt have waited .. im happy for now im the only one in massachusetts with an srt 4 that i know of , although i havnt called the fl dealerships to ask lately ..an fpr 20 horse power .. i can add that myself with spare change no point waiting another 9 months

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
14 Participants
hemidakota
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing