Dodge SRT Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Making progress. The head has been ported at Killian's Porting Service in Warner Robins.

https://www.facebook.com/gerald.killian.33?fref=ts

The block should be honed this week, balancing will be complete and I hope the engine will be assembled next week.

Still trying to find out if the DCR windage tray matches with the crank strap kit. I bought it from DCR on eBay, not a good idea. The description was vague.

A new DCR input shaft should arrive tomorrow, so I'll have that piece in place before the engine. There'll be a full trans rebuild next winter.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Making no progress

Look up Donnie Carroll at TunerGeeks. He can hook you up with a KW shaft and a turbo/manifold of almost any style and size.
I put in a DCR modified input shaft;it does look beefier.

I'm getting nowhere relative to increased power after the engine build. My best time is 13.20 at 109. The Superflow dyno shows 320-345 whp. I was doing better before the engine build.:stab:

I am using a Duster360 custom E85 tune.

The latest hardware added was the AEM cold air intake. I put it in before the recent dyno runs.

I have a 60 trim to install, but I don't trust any of the local shops to install it. I also have 1200cc injectors, a Boomba fuel rail and a Walbro 450 ready to go in. I've had all I can stand. Does anyone know of a good shop in east Georgia?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Give Mike at FM a call, he will get you sorted out.

Good luck...

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Spending too much $$, check out the stock turbo files. Learn to boost leak test, get traction aids. Ask duster what are u doing wrong.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Spending too much $$, check out the stock turbo files. Learn to boost leak test, get traction aids. Ask duster what are u doing wrong.
I agree about too much money. There's nothing left to buy. :lol:

Boost leaks aren't an issue. We pounded on those until they were gone. Boost looks good at 23-24 peak, about 19 at 6K.

Traction control won't help at this point. I have no trouble with wheel spin unless I don't get all the water off during my burnout. I never had wheel spin trouble after switching to M&H Street and Strip at about 11 psi.

I do have trouble shifting. I tend to get locked out of third and have to let off. I have the WOT box on auto. I think I'll got to 400 msec and go down from there. 1-2 and 3-4 shifts are fine. Already have both shift extenders.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
great build... easily enough for 11s, IFF you add a bigger turbo.
the small turbine is preventing the engine from breathing

personally, i think the agp dual plane exhaust manifold is the best route.. and what i would do if i didn't have a s3+++

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

personally, i think the agp dual plane exhaust manifold is the best route.. and what i would do if i didn't have a s3+++
The transmission conked out, possibly the DCR input shaft. :crying2:
I will take the opportunity to add the 60 trim, 1200cc injectors and a Boomba fuel rail.

The fuel system now includes a serial pump arrangement with a 255 feeding from the canister into a Walbro 450. The return now goes to the canister.

I installed a carbon fiber trunk, painted red to match the rest of the car.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
i'm going auto for my next build.. but a bigger input shaft will help the trans limitation

that should work because its bypassing they FPR restriction of a 1/8"

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

Axle broke, and ACT clutch was fried. Installing new 6-puck sprung clutch and a 60 trim turbo. The 1200CC injectors and Boomba rail are also going in.

Looking for 500 whp at 30 psi.

Has anybody tried to use a twin scroll manifold with a 60 trim? Looking at the AGP site, I think it could be done.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Axle broke, and ACT clutch was fried. Installing new 6-puck sprung clutch and a 60 trim turbo. The 1200CC injectors and Boomba rail are also going in.

Looking for 500 whp at 30 psi.

Has anybody tried to use a twin scroll manifold with a 60 trim? Looking at the AGP site, I think it could be done.
The 60 trim install is not going well. There is no boost at all and the AFR at idle stays at 10.5. Afraid to go WOT like that, and a dyno run is currently out of the question. I drove 2.5 hours to pick up a car that was supposed to be ready to go, and I had to leave it at the shop.:flame:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Big turbo trouble

60 Trim was installed by Mainstream Performance. It was the worst turbo install in history. He called me twice to pick it up and it wouldn't start. After 4 trips, I got it back, but it was running rich and overheating. Coolant was coming out of the overflow. He had blown off the cold pipe and wrecked the clutch cylinder.

He overboosted the engine and damaged the head gasket. The gasket leaking was causing the water leak. Head gasket blew on the dyno, but we saw 487 on the Superflow. Car is at Lovett's waiting for head gasket replacement. Got one run completed this season.

At least the new MBC is now working and I have a consistent 25 psi.

I also installed a new carbon fiber hood. This was painted red, like my CF trunk.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I also ditched the MPX throttle body on Duster's recommendation and put in a DCR 55mm tb that doesn't please me. 1200CC injectors were also added. The dual pump system, a Walbro 255 and 450 combination, provides plenty of fuel.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Installed gas struts for the CF hood. The pressure makes the hood gap even worse. A 10 micron fuel filter, new -6AN fuel and return lines, and an Edelbrock regulator were also installed.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Now have dyno E85 tune from Nigel. Need a gas tune,too. The 60 trim is now running at 30 psi with a manual boost controller. The clutch is now a 6-puck ACT Extreme. Saw 547hp/555 torque on a Dynojet at SOB Built. This with a DCR ported stock TB.

Nigel rebuilt the engine block. We kept the Manley rods and added Pankl rod bolts and DCR nuts on ARP head studs. Bored it for 0.020" over DCR pistons. Substituted DCR steel crank straps for direct fit. Modified the oil system slightly with DCR oil pickup and upgraded hardware for crank scraper and windage tray.

Trans is next up. I've got kevlar blocker rings, and will probably go to a Liberty billet input shaft with straight cut gears. I'm breaking axles, so i need to start looking at alternative tires and axles, while working on my launch technique. I even broke a DSS Stage 3.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Nigel installed a rebuilt trans with Liberty input shaft. We also installed the Kinnett MFS bypass relays and an ATI Super Damper. Piston rings were also replaced, don't know why they went bad.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Nigel installed Tunergeeks T4 twin scroll tubular manifold and a BW257SXE. 473 whp on his DynoDynamics. It was a bear to fit, a lot of little mods and some fab work needed. Oil leak ruined disk, so a new 6 puck ACT was installed. New trans has carbon blocker rings and Liberty input shaft and gears. DCR coolant jug removed, a really ugly AGP next to PCM now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,835 Posts
Not bashing, your peak HP is between 4500 and 5000 and starts dropping off pretty fast after that by 100 HP to 6500. What cams are you running?

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Not bashing, your peak HP is between 4500 and 5000 and starts dropping off pretty fast after that by 100 HP to 6500. What cams are you running?
Yep looks like a stock head car the way TQ nose dives

My car with similar turbo....with tiny .63 back half on single scroll. His powerband is almost 1000 rpms smaller. On a twin scroll with a large back half

21 - 40 of 58 Posts