Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys(CCGs)...

Wondering if you can help me out... Just got your inserts in the mail. shipped real fast, no problems with ordering at all. did it all online with no person to person contact.

Thing is... There is no way in hell those inserts will fit over the original honeycomb grill AND tuck under the fake chrome inserts without looking like ass. I started with the bottom. The chrome pieces that snap in to hold the insert will not go back in the bumper flush...

At this point i'm a little frustrated... Needs some help? tips?

k3v

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
24 hrs...

Come on guys... word of mouth is a strong thing... I know SRT's are you main concern, but with more 03 neons produced than 03 & 04 SRT's combined, it may not be a good idea to ignore...

14654 members on neons.org alone....

k3v

·
Registered
105 Posts
Geez, I had no clue this was here. Sorry for the delay. Emailing me will always get the fastest response.

Maybe you can help me out on this. Is there different front ends for 03-04 Neon’s. I have gone through THREE revisions on those grills and still people have problems with them.

Set Revision #1 - I bought a pattern from a customer who made a set. People complained top pieces were too small
Set Revision #2 - My own set again. I tried to make my own and for the car locally I work one, I extended the top pattern more. People STILL complained it was too small.
Set Revision #3 - Another customer's pattern. One guy claimed he had the end all to all the problems so I bought HIS pattern from him. Now people complain the top pieces are too big.

So, I have gone full circle w/ these inserts. Too small, too big, too tall... etc. What was the problem w/ yours and do you have any suggestions for a fix. It is hard for me to give advice on something that people say is too big, and then another person says is too small, yet fit perfect for me. I believe almost everyone has got the bottom pieces to work correctly.

If you like:
- I can cut you a brand new set 100% to specs you give me for free.
- I can also send over some sheets of mesh for free. If you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that your pattern work, I will buy it back from you.

Sorry about all the problems w/ the inserts.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No hard feelings or anything...

The sizes are roughly right on... Its seems that the inserts are a bit too thick for the chrome pieces to snap back in flush and hold the inserts. BUT, on that same note, any thinner may not be the best bet. For fitment, yes... but for looks you got it right on.

I started with the bottom....

The inserts have to form around the buldge of the honeycomb grill... not a problem. Materials you are using meet those needs... now when your supposed to snap the oem chrome lips back in, they do not sit flush.
There is a thin grove outlining the honeycomb grill. That groove takes the chrome piece making it flush with the bumper. There is not much room for play in there. Trying to squeeze the chrome piece into that groove with the mesh behind it is quite frustrating...

Why don't you send me some sheets... I have some fabrication and machining background and will make you a pattern. If you take care of the shipping, there will be no need to buy the design back. I could present you with a pattern, pics, and an install vid if that will help... I know how frustrating the design process can be. I designed motor mount inserts for SRT's, 2gen neons, and PT cruisers... It took me 4 months to get a concrete design, easy enough for anybody to install.

BTW, the 03-04 grills are the same...

Let me know what you think....
kevin

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sure, email me - [email protected] - with your email address you ordered under. Just copy and paste your post and I'll have 2 sheets out to you ASAP.

If you can provide pics, instructions, and everything I would be beyond grateful.

P.S. are topic notifications working at all? I can't get anything on the baord to get through to my mail server!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts