Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I guess he can drive. So he is running 110mph with toys and full turbo back and that's it? Tell me your secrets corrado kid. Best I have managed is a 106.92 and I have toys and mopar catback and that is it. But I live in cali so our tracks suck. What do you shift at? What were you launching at? Of course answer these ?'s when you chime in.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm running 110 MPH on a stock exhaust, open diff and Pilot Sports ;)

Oh yeah, my best ET of four passes for the day was 12.82, the other 2 were 13.0s. I WOT shift all gears at 6000 RPMs and launch at 4000.

Mods are S2 w/toys, ED O2 Housing, ATP Catless Downpipe and S3 coilovers.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Do you have a bleed mod or anything? Just asking cause your times are awesome and if all it takes is Downpipe w/ no cat then I might get one. What are your shift points and rpm at launch etc..?

Edit: I jumped the gun on your post and you already answered those ??'s. Sorry.

·
Banned
10,530 Posts
suspension probably helps a bunch. im at 13.040 on pilots, stage 2 toyed and stock 3" exhaust.

j.r.:king:

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
mldvenm said:
I am at [email protected] on DR's though. Our track prep stinks. Never got better than a 2.05 on the DR's. DAB 2? And by less tension do you mean it's at like 3mm or so? I am getting S2 C.O's soon so if suspension helps a little that would be really cool.
need to come to the east then

nice run 12.9 i like the 60ft 1.9

welcome to the 12 sec club

·
Registered
457 Posts
Stock motor mounts, and like said before I'm running Mopar Stage 3 coilovers. They helped a tad on the launch but not a whole lot cause I cut 2.0s and the occasional 1.9 before them.

Oh yeah, DAB was on 3 and I was in racegas mode. The 1-2 shift spins a bit but I think the wheelspeed might acually help since I run better letting the tires slip rather than getting off the gas for the 1-2 shift.

·
Registered
961 Posts
If you're launching at 4000 rpm on stock tires, you must have a HELL of a track there. Congrats on the excellent times :readclose . If you launch over 2000 rpm even on dragradials at the local tracks here, its just tire spinning madness.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
krispl said:
If you're launching at 4000 rpm on stock tires, you must have a HELL of a track there. Congrats on the excellent times :readclose . If you launch over 2000 rpm even on dragradials at the local tracks here, its just tire spinning madness.
It's called riding the clutch, you should try it sometime.

·
Registered
457 Posts
There is a proper way to launch a car, taching it and dropping the clutch isn't it. I can launch on the street at 4000 RPMs and end up with little to no wheelspin. I use the same technique at every track I've been to, be it Cecil County, Atco, Englishtown, MIR, Quaker City, National Trails, Milan, Mid-Michigan, where ever.

But yes, Cecil County was well prepped yesterday as usual.

·
Registered
662 Posts
so you hold 4,000 rpms at the staging lights and before the last light on the tree goes green so meaning last yellow you start to let your clutch out? Please teach this newbie. My best 60 ft has been a 2.249 but i'm stock and first manual car and hold 2,000 rpm and then just release the clutch out real fast.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.