Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
RedSRT4Me said:
I would think so since the chassis is the same.
the chassis isnt the same, however it might still work.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
no the chassis isnt the same. they made it stiffer.

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
I'm not refering to the suspension. The underbody itself should have all the same things in all the same locations. besides they probaly used the same style struts and springs but valved higher for the spring rate.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
the added bracing to the chassis to make it stiffer, im not talking about the stiffer suspension.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
RedSRT4Me said:
then it should be in the same spots as R/T's if you want to replace the bars. Just because its stiffer doesn't mean they relocated it to a different mounting spot.
well some of the extra bracing could be in the way of where it would hook-up on the neons.

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
extra bracing? By that do you mean thicker bars? or are you figuring extra bracing as in more than one rear sway bar :?

regardless as I said before physically there is nothing changed from the R/T to SRT. The mounting points are the same.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
no, as in they welded some bracing into the chassis to make it stiffer. this has nothing to do with the bars. dont just assume because it works on neons that it will work on the srt-4 (just like the filter for the pt turbo). thats all im saying.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Yes there is some Chassis Stiffening in the SRT compared to other neons but suspension is almost identical cept for the Spindles being different to house the bigger Brakes.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BWtwoK said:
Yes there is some Chassis Stiffening in the SRT compared to other neons but suspension is almost identical cept for the Spindles being different to house the bigger Brakes.
SO I can replace the shocks for the racing versions on ACR along with the coils?

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
no, as in they welded some bracing into the chassis to make it stiffer. this has nothing to do with the bars. dont just assume because it works on neons that it will work on the srt-4 (just like the filter for the pt turbo). thats all im saying.
hehe you think the SRT-4 is a different car than a neon :lol:

I had a 2k sitting by my SRT and the bars on the rear looked to me to be in the exact same locations and mountings.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
11 Participants
lifeisdeath
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing