Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hooked up my returnline and the gauge read 0, so i bought a nicer liquid cooled one and still at 0...found out it was because my fuel rail had a schrader valve and that was the bitch locking the fuel in. So i broke it off with some nose pliers...(dont know if i should have done that) but now my gauge works at its set at 55ish. So my question is should i have broken the schrader valve? can i run into any problems?

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
did you get the whole thing out? It's just like a valve stem...a straight blade jeweler's screwdriver would have taken it right out the correct way

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turbocruiser13 said:
did you get the whole thing out? It's just like a valve stem...a straight blade jeweler's screwdriver would have taken it right out the correct way
how long is it supposed to be?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but only the pin was supposed to come out right

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month
34,749 Posts
i took mine out, then used a drill bit & drilled the whole thing out so there isn't a "bottleneck" in it ... not that it would really make a difference

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hey, ill take a look at next time I see you. From what you told me via IM you should be fine for now. I have a valve core remover in my box

~edit~ typing>me

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ImportLabSRT4 said:
Hey, ill take a look at next time I see you. From what you told me via IM you should be fine for now. I have a vlave core removed in my box
u da man

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
On topic, where can I get the actually schrader valve? I am running a S3 rail with a fuel pressure sensor on the end of it..Well I mis-placed the schrader valve and need to know where I can get one that will work since I am planning on taking the sensor off.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
On topic, where can I get the actually schrader valve? I am running a S3 rail with a fuel pressure sensor on the end of it..Well I mis-placed the schrader valve and need to know where I can get one that will work since I am planning on taking the sensor off.
It looks just like a valve used in a tire valve stem, I think it maybe the same thing.

·
Registered
616 Posts
It is a standard AC schrader valve.... just get one thats for AC systems and not tires.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
Awesome, thanks a ton! :) Little worried it was something special.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Doing a engine swap to a eclipse. On the 03 rail can I block of the inlet and use the vavle inlet as a fuel inlet. Remove the valve and drill it out.?

·
Registered
616 Posts
I wouldn't think it was big enough. I dink know how much fuel you need but there's not a whole lot of ID inside the threaded side. Also it's not a AN style fitting so you would have to find the addapters.

And yes i know the inlet side isn't overly large either.

·
Registered
616 Posts
/\. Do this

1 - 20 of 20 Posts