Dodge SRT Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A group of SRT Engineers will be monitoring only this thread on Wednesday, January 18, 2006, from 6:00 p.m. EST–8:00 p.m. EST. They will answer any question posted here until 8:00 p.m. Check back between 6–8:00 p.m. EST this Wednesday evening for answers to your questions. You can even carry on a live discussion with the SRT Engineers by posting back and forth during this time period!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
SRT-4

Can you explain why the Mopar Performance clutch is rated at 315 ft-lbs. of torque, and the Mopar Stage 3 kit is rated at 325 ft-lbs. (non-HOM) and 365 ft-lbs. (HOM)?

Is the clutch underrated? If so, could you provide a more accurate, unofficial rating?

Thank you.

·
Registered
482 Posts
can we expect a production challenger srt-8 in the near future? just a nod yes or no would be great. i'm sure you can't discuss it in detail!

EDIT* The team will not be able to answer questions on this. Please refrain from similar type posts. 4trs

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
What mods would you install to get an SRT-4 running 10's in the quarter mile.

I know you're only supposed to recommend existing Mopar parts, but get creative and feel free to put "Hypothetically speaking..." in front of each sentence. :lol:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mopar Clutch and Stage 3 combination...

Why did Mopar release a performance clutch that can only handle 315 lbs. of torque? That doesn't even cover an SRT-4 with Stage 3 and no other mods (which is rated at 325 lbs. torque). What then if we add the Mopar intake, Mopar Borla Cat-back exhaust w/cat delete pipe, and then add 100 octane racing fuel? Please advise

P.S. Can you please tell Chris Neprasch to finish his article on Mopar.com about the Stage 3 and the step-by-step installation thereof...it's been over a year now :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
we need a moderator screening ?'s most of the above either they'll totally blow off or say " we can't talk about future products" the clutch ? is legit the rest should be moved. they wouldn't put the wrong recommend weight in the book, you should assume thats what they want you to run. running 10s they won't even comment on. just my .02. also refur everyone back to last ?s answered so no doubles. lets try to make this productive.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Scion owns dodges warranty on after market products.....Waco tx dodge trying to void warranty because of aftermarket spark plugs,mopar cold air intake...WTF..come on..SPARK PLUGS!!!!

EDIT*

PLEASE POST QUESTIONS THAT ARE RELATED TO WHAT THE TEAM CAN ANSWER. SIMPLY POSTING MESSAGES LIKE ABOVE ARE NOT IN-LINE WITH THE TYPES OF POSTS THAT THEY CAN ANSWER. A QUESTION HELPS AS WELL...don't see one in the above message....

4trs

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Questions in decending order of importance;

1. Any signifigance to the change in WGAs at the end of the '05 production run? Are they different internally? Performance wise?

2. Any idea what the "mystery chime" that some of us experience every now and then is? I am not talking about e-brake being on, door being open, low brake fluid, etc. This is a mystery chime that goes off, seemingly at random, every now and then, with no dash indicator. It usually happens after starting the car, and setting off.

I realize you guys can't comment on future product, mods that may make you liable, etc... so these are the only questions I have that fall in those parameters.

Again, thanks for the SRT-4. Too bad that it's a bad product for DCX to sell. :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is there going to be the rumored 6.4L Hemi?

I suggest you make it an option in the Challenger and Super Bee. The hockey stick Super Bee decals look bad. Maybe just a band on the rear without the "stick" part.

C.

Black SRT-8 Charger

·
Registered
9 Posts
Why is my Charger not shifting 1-2 in D b4 rev limiter

It is at the dealer today for this issue. I can't imagine that the trans programs don't know to shift prior to reaching engine red line. No car I have ever owned did this.

C.

Black SRT-8 Charger

·
Registered
117 Posts
How long do you plan on making stage upgrade kits/other Mopar perf. parts for the current SRT-4 after production has ceased?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
1. Does Mopar have any future plans to get any of the Staged upgrades, or any other parts for that matter CARB certified?

2. How did Mopar get the up to 20hp/20tq for the air intake kit?

3. Any plans to make better motor mounts?

Also, I like to buy all Mopar products so that way I have the company backing on my vehicle when something goes wrong (assuming I don't cause the problem myself). Why is DCX not backing vehicles with any Mopar Performance Parts when so much testing and safety standards go into the products? I actually had a dealer tell me that adding a Mopar Performance Air filter may affect my warranty?!

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
Why are you guys asking questions that are already answered on the forums?

Mopar is not making aftermarket motor mounts because there are already mounts out there that were going to be exactly the same.

SRT Team has nothing to do with regular non SRT cars. Asking about the bumble bee or something like that has nothing to do with them so stop wasting space on this topic.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
noTe said:
Why are you guys asking questions that are already answered on the forums?

Mopar is not making aftermarket motor mounts because there are already mounts out there that were going to be exactly the same.

SRT Team has nothing to do with regular non SRT cars. Asking about the bumble bee or something like that has nothing to do with them so stop wasting space on this topic.

no one seems to get this and should heavily moderated and edited not to waste all there time with bs

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I have a question on a defect that should require a recall/tsb.

It has occurred on every '03/'04 model year srt-4 that I have ever come across. I imagine it to be the same on the '05 MY cars as well, but I have not personally looked at one.

Paint is being removed from the bottom portion of the side structure (side rail) where the bottom of the front doors meet it. It is clearly worse on all the driver sides' as opposed to the passenger side, indicating the action of the door swinging open and shut is what is causing the paint to be scraped and removed (many times, if owners look, it is down to bare metal on '03 models on the driver's side).

You will often see paint transfer on the rubber weather stripping on the bottom of the doors. I have experience in collision repair estimating, and have spoken with techs at two dealerships, and all have come to the conclusion that this problem should be addressed by DCX, as it is too prevalent. The only "thinkable" cure is to repaint the side structure, and adjusting the doors upward. However, even this is not fixing the problem. The techs have stated this could possibly be a manufacturing flaw, as of the 3 cars that were "fixed" by the two dealerships I went to...the problem reappeared within 6-8 weeks.

I would like to know if you have noticed this, and what options are there for fixing the problem. Could this be an overall manufacturing/design flaw that simply cannot be cured?

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
4trs said:
I have a question on a defect that should require a recall/tsb.

It has occurred on every '03/'04 model year srt-4 that I have ever come across. I imagine it to be the same on the '05 MY cars as well, but I have not personally looked at one.

Paint is being removed from the bottom portion of the side structure (side rail) where the bottom of the front doors meet it. It is clearly worse on all the driver sides' as opposed to the passenger side, indicating the action of the door swinging open and shut is what is causing the paint to be scraped and removed (many times, if owners look, it is down to bare metal on '03 models on the driver's side).

You will often see paint transfer on the rubber weather stripping on the bottom of the doors. I have experience in collision repair estimating, and have spoken with techs at two dealerships, and all have come to the conclusion that this problem should be addressed by DCX, as it is too prevalent. The only "thinkable" cure is to repaint the side structure, and adjusting the doors upward. However, even this is not fixing the problem. The techs have stated this could possibly be a manufacturing flaw, as of the 3 cars that were "fixed" by the two dealerships I went to...the problem reappeared within 6-8 weeks.

I would like to know if you have noticed this, and what options are there for fixing the problem. Could this be an overall manufacturing/design flaw that simply cannot be cured?
I've seen this on just about all SRT-4s I've seen, including mine. My Civic did it as well. It's an issue with the door weatherstripping rubbing the paint.

+1 for this question then.

Also, premature seat fabric wear and staining. Any plans?

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.