Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my motortrend magazine in the mail so I figure I'd give a few new track times for the new gt mustang. They tested the automatic 5 speed gt mustang and they said they recorded a quarter mile time of 13.6 at 99.9 mph. Not bad I guess. I would imagine the manual will be a little faster though. I've been watching this car because my aunt really wanted one but was getting frustrated with her dealership about arrivals of the new car so she ended up getting a 2004 cobra. I figure she'll be much happier with that anyhow. Oh and I drove her car yesterday. A very nice car. I'm not too much on the interior dash but at least it has power out the wazoooo. Okay I kinda talked her into getting it. hahaha Can't be a stock 390 horses.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was thinking the new Mustang GT was mediocre... until I read the MT article. That preformance is really a force to be reckoned with... especially with that price.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
The SC Cobra is head and shoulders above the 05GT......... her "should be happy" is quite an understatement lol.

I am already well above 400 rwhp with just intake and catback :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
The-Violator said:
I hate you! :crybaby:
LOL.......... Dont be hate "n" love your former SRT4 brother....

BTW the SRT4 is still king of its class and then some its a hell of a car, infact I hope to buy one again someday.

·
Registered
892 Posts
http://www.fast-autos.net/ford/05fordmustang.html :readclose Its power is similar to a Mach 1, but I think the Mach 1 is slightly faster. Im not really a ford guy, but the 05 GT sounds like a bang for buck thingy. Also i read you can change the color of the gauges and stuff with a swtich. It has some cool little features like that. Still thought, the only fords id buy are the 03-04 SVT Cobras and GT40s... :eveilgrin

·
Registered
934 Posts
Wow 13.6 pretty damn impressive with a 5speed slushbox if you ask me. The new stang does seem like a good bang for the buck ...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hahaha romans.....yeah it's a great car. She only had 600 miles on the speedo when she let me drive it. And since it wasn't mine I didn't drive to only about 40% of it potential and I was impressed even then. Her husbands brother has a new gto and they thought it was fast.......I was like that cobra will eat that car. hahaha a stage 2 srt-4 will beat a gto. oh and a quick question? I don't even know if this is true or not but one of the guys down there at the dealership told them they could get a chip or something and make 500 hp???? I know dealerships are lame so I was just wondering since you do own one?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sounds like they got the power right this time but I'm still not sold on the look of the new 05'. I need to see them some more. 5.1 seconds aint bad
though.

·
Registered
319 Posts
OK, Im thinking one of 2 things

1. MT got a ringer(cmon,automatic+3400lbs+300hp(crank) does not =13.6ETs)

or

2. Ford has begun to use the underating method and this motor is more than 300 ponies???

Just my opinion, and i used to be a FORD guy.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
That silver Ford Mustang GT they demo'd [along with the Ford GT] with the white stripes at the Cleveland Auto show.. holy crap. This was like, 03? Like a month or two right after I bought the SRT-4. ;)

I'm digging the look, and if the powers there even better. Get the SRT paid off, then a house, then we'll see. :(

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Tree_Top said:
Hahaha romans.....yeah it's a great car. She only had 600 miles on the speedo when she let me drive it. And since it wasn't mine I didn't drive to only about 40% of it potential and I was impressed even then. Her husbands brother has a new gto and they thought it was fast.......I was like that cobra will eat that car. hahaha a stage 2 srt-4 will beat a gto. oh and a quick question? I don't even know if this is true or not but one of the guys down there at the dealership told them they could get a chip or something and make 500 hp???? I know dealerships are lame so I was just wondering since you do own one?
A smaller blower pulley and a flash tune will get you 500rwhp on a Cobra (if you have exhaust and intake too)

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
THE AN$WER said:
http://www.fast-autos.net/ford/05fordmustang.html :readclose Its power is similar to a Mach 1, but I think the Mach 1 is slightly faster. Im not really a ford guy, but the 05 GT sounds like a bang for buck thingy. Also i read you can change the color of the gauges and stuff with a swtich. It has some cool little features like that. Still thought, the only fords id buy are the 03-04 SVT Cobras and GT40s... :eveilgrin

True.. said up to 100 colors

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.