Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
i think the best plug for our cars is the ngk 4306, gapped.030-.032 for most applications

Registered
i think the best plug for our cars is the ngk 4306, gapped.030-.032 for most applications
The E3 plug looks like a gimmick to me and you can find loads of bad reviews if you look hard enough. The spark cannot jump to 3 places, only one. This may give the plugs some ability to resist fouling though (assuming the electrodes do not foul evenly).

Registered
I once tried the E3's in my SRT-4.
Can't say I noticed any change at all.
Decided they just were'nt worth the higher price.
So I stayed with the stock RE14MCC5's gapped at .050".
I replace them every 2 years since they cost about $8 a set of 4.
Never had any spark blowout as many other have claimed.
But that's with a 2004 Stage 3 still boosting to 22PSI spike holding 18PSI all day.
The NGK 4306's are good too but cost a couple of bucks more.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The E3 plug looks like a gimmick to me and you can find loads of bad reviews if you look hard enough. The spark cannot jump to 3 places, only one. This may give the plugs some ability to resist fouling though (assuming the electrodes do not foul evenly).
..my 71 dart runs good w them..was just seeing if anyone had tried them in an SRT4..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I once tried the E3's in my SRT-4.
Can't say I noticed any change at all.
Decided they just were'nt worth the higher price.
So I stayed with the stock RE14MCC5's gapped at .050".
I replace them every 2 years since they cost about $8 a set of 4.
Never had any spark blowout as many other have claimed.
But that's with a 2004 Stage 3 still boosting to 22PSI spike holding 18PSI all day.
The NGK 4306's are good too but cost a couple of bucks more.
..oh ok,. Was just wondering. I've got the ngk iridium cold plugs in it now..runs awesome

Registered
..oh ok,. Was just wondering. I've got the ngk iridium cold plugs in it now..runs awesome
I wouldn't use Iridiums in a turbo car.
They can run hot and loose the iridium tip.
This happened to the ELW (Extreme Light Weight) factory Mopar car back in the day.

Stick with copper plugs, they are your best bet and cheap enough to replace regularly.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm,
I wouldn't use Iridiums in a turbo car.
They can run hot and loose the iridium tip.
This happened to the ELW (Extreme Light Weight) factory Mopar car back in the day.

Stick with copper plugs, they are your best bet and cheap enough to replace regularly.
Hmmm, ok I just noticed they are not the same as the ones that were in it previously,, wich we're :
LZTR5AGP
The ones in it now are:
LZTR6AIX-13. ???????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts