• 1 Post By Simon.Starkie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Special Carbon Fiber New wiper cowl

This is their new wiper cowl which is a direct replacement. It looks amazing, but it does not fit well. Made a short video showing what is up.

I also just found out it is bowed on the bottom. Factory piece is 2 pieces for a reason. Sucks it doesn't fit well.

Anyone else have issues with the fitment of their products?

05 PW1 SRT-4
AGP 50 trim and supporting mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 12:52 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Garage
That sucks to see man...

Have you tried or heard anything about fitment on the dash covers?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKKnight54 View Post
That sucks to see man...

Have you tried or heard anything about fitment on the dash covers?
Yeah I am super bummed. 2nd thing I got from them too.

Long story short I got their CF door sills, just because I wanted something a little nice when stepping into my car to look at. I didn't want to go crazy with CF everything on the interior, just the door sills. Thought they were just covers for the factory door sills, but they fit like crap and would not cover completely. I emailed them and they told me they were direct replacements. Well these direct replacements had no area to mount like the factory piece which has clips! Was told to use double sided tape. So I bought the good heavy duty double sided tape and it would not adhere well to the back of the CF piece or to the rubber door trim. I was pissed. So I returned it and instead of getting my money back I said I would just use that money towards their new vented cowl..Well I got that and you see what happened. Haha. So I don't plan on buying from them again. I tried calling them a handful of times using 2 different numbers they have on their site. One is full and you cannot leave messages and the other one I left a message. I emailed them too. They are pretty slow to respond and this was during the week too. At this point I just want to ship it back and get ALL my money back.

Guy on FB got the dash cover and he said it fit alright. I personally would NEVER buy that piece due to the glare you would get on a sunny day.

05 PW1 SRT-4

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 03:14 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3*ps2 View Post
Guy on FB got the dash cover and he said it fit alright. I personally would NEVER buy that piece due to the glare you would get on a sunny day.
Same thing I thought about when looking at them! Haha

All that really sucks to hear tho, I heard they were great. I thought they must have some real confidence to make specials pieces like a whole dash cover.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 04:44 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Well, if you really want the CF look, why not try one of those Dupli-Color kits on your original wiper cowl while it's off the car?

s3*ps2 likes this.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 04:52 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Garage
I use the black carpet dash mat. Cuts glare nicely. I'll never drive a car without a carpet on the dash.

2005 Big wheel stage 3, E85, BC rods, JE pistons stock 8:1 .020 over, BS delete, Sways & STbraces, coilovers valved by Feal, diy NACHO solid control arms.
2004 C5Z06
94 XR600R
Have you driven an SRT-4?... Lately?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Those cowls have been out for a long time from other companies and every last one of them has fitment like garbage.

Modz
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKKnight54 View Post
Same thing I thought about when looking at them! Haha

All that really sucks to hear tho, I heard they were great. I thought they must have some real confidence to make specials pieces like a whole dash cover.
They quailty is really good, its just the fitment! Which upsets me so much. If they could get the fitment down it would be so nice. I NEVER return anything and now this cowl will be the 2nd thing I return back to them. They refunded me the money for the sills. Shipping the cowl back to them tomorrow. They labeled it as "damaged" on the return label to fedex. But it isn't damaged IMO. It just doesn't fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon.Starkie View Post
Well, if you really want the CF look, why not try one of those Dupli-Color kits on your original wiper cowl while it's off the car?
After seeing the result of that duplic color stuff, I will pass on that. The real thing looks a million times better! But my stock piece is mint and a I cleaned it up real nice and removed the wipers since I don't drive the car in the rain. I also detailed and sealed the windshield with Griots windshield sealent. So if I ever get caught in rain it just beads right off. No wipers needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4EaterJonny View Post
I use the black carpet dash mat. Cuts glare nicely. I'll never drive a car without a carpet on the dash.
Yeah I need that for mine. Even the factory one glares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modz 4 Higher View Post
Those cowls have been out for a long time from other companies and every last one of them has fitment like garbage.
Been in the SRT-4/2gn Neon game for a long time. I can't think of any other companies that made a replacement CF cowl...

05 PW1 SRT-4
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Well they actually refunded me for the door sills so that is nice. They received those at the end of March and said they didn't get them and asked me for tracking. Tracking showed they received them. :/. Well as of this morning they supposedly received my cowl according to tracking. So lets see if they got it or not.... Going to laugh if they say they "didn't get it or "couldn't find it"

Edit, Got a refund. Very nice! Now money to go towards other things haha

05 PW1 SRT-4

Last edited by s3*ps2; 05-14-2019 at 02:08 PM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 11:21 AM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I really like genuine CF products. Too bad it's not OEM and doesn't fit properly.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Agreed. It fit like crap. I don't think they think too much when they are making their products. Maybe they should try to install them first. LOL

05 PW1 SRT-4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode