Dodge SRT Forum banner

Need help

693 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Simon.Starkie 
#1 ·
I have a 04 srt4
OK I need help car was pushing 22 pounds of boost and just the other day when I was driving noticed it was only letting me push 10 pounds and my waste gate isn't making much noise and my blow off valve will only go off if I run over 4500 RPMs but if I just shift normal and drive normal it don't hardly make a noise at all I have no clue where to start or what it even might be but the car runs good and will hold 10 pounds with no problem .

#3 · (Edited)
Welcome.

Difficult to tell without knowing anything at all about your car.

What modifications, if any, have been installed?

Is the Check Engine light on?
If so, what are the OBD2 codes? (key on-off-on 3 times then look at odometer for codes and tell us what they are),

A quick and easy thing to try would be to reset the PCM (computer) and see if that clears up your boost problem.
Note - A PCM reset will clear any codes so check as mentioned above before doing anything and write them down for future reference.
Note - A PCM reset will also re-initialize the PCM adaptive's (a good thing) which will clear any bad information causing "limp mode" (see below).

To reset the PCM, completely disconnect the negative terminal on the battery.
Then press the brake pedal a few time to eliminate any residual electricity in the car.
Then reconnect the battery and drive your car to see if the boost problem is solved.

If the PCM reset solves your boost problem, you may have experienced a fuel cut (due to over-boost) which may have put your car into "limp home" mode (10 PSI).
If that is the case, you would then need to investigate the root cause of the fuel cut.

Again, it's hard to trouble shoot your boost problem without knowing anything about your car.

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.