The Official Slammed Srt Thread - Page 43 - Dodge SRT Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #631 of 3709 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
^^ Car looks awesome. What rims are those?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 3709 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 09:47 PM

I don't think my ride is very bad on my megans, u my wanna mess with ur preload camaro, maybe u have te springs comprEsred to much...

04 srt4 built, crane 18, pte 6262, ragetek extended input shaft 448/412 pump
05 mustang gt, comp thumpr stage 2 cams, pypes full exhaust, roush intake, hurst STS, FRPP 4.10 gears, and a supercharger sitting in the garage.
post #633 of 3709 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCLR8TN View Post
nooo, not if you have the right top hats. It allows you to regain your lost travel. Here's an example for the Miatas (we've been gaining back the 2" of travel that we lost for awhile!):

Moderately Slammed ó RevLimiter.net

Someone should go to a reputable shop and express interest.. after all there's a lot more of you slammed guys than a few years ago....

Or just try and get a company to make shorter shock bodies for the coilovers (BC might already, but maybe not short enough).

now your bringing a new pitcher into the ball game. figured we were just talking about bolting up coils and slamming cars to the ground lol. and besides no one makes extended top hats for the srt afaik, this would be lovely to have!

post #634 of 3709 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 10:10 AM

some German SRT's for you!

Last edited by Legoman; 06-14-2010 at 10:22 AM.
post #635 of 3709 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robs05_SRT View Post
^^ Car looks awesome. What rims are those?
Thanks man! and the wheels are 17x7 Centerline Storms... forged aluminum. goodluck finding them btw. I want to get a new set of wheels to change up the look but everyone loves these wheels on my car so im split! They weigh around 12lbs too

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthatguy View Post
I don't think my ride is very bad on my megans, u my wanna mess with ur preload camaro, maybe u have te springs comprEsred to much...
I was told to mess with my preload before im just new to the CO's so Im not 100% sure on how to do this lol. Any help is much appreciated. Help my poor back out ha

Project ULTRAVIOLENT
05 srt, 6pt cage, cammed, & garrett .50 trim! Customized with a touch from wiggy, bitts, and lilsparkplug

My car runs on tiger blood
post #636 of 3709 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBcamaroZ28 View Post
Thanks man! and the wheels are 17x7 Centerline Storms... forged aluminum. goodluck finding them btw. I want to get a new set of wheels to change up the look but everyone loves these wheels on my car so im split! They weigh around 12lbs too

I was told to mess with my preload before im just new to the CO's so Im not 100% sure on how to do this lol. Any help is much appreciated. Help my poor back out ha
what I did was loosen the two lock nuts under the spring until i could move the spring around loosly, then I read around on megan's site to tighten the nuts until the spring compresses about 1/2 an inch all the way around.

and then the bottom lock nut is what you use to move the coil up and down to lower the car. (obviously) HAHA

but it seems pretty legit to me, that way over bumps and stuff, it wont be as harsh as the spring will be able to still compress and take some of the shock from the bumps!

FYI: Megan also suggests to over look the collars, tophats, and nuts every oil change, make sure you can move them, and I would keep something on them so dirt doens ruing the thread. i notice my top nuts like to come loose every now and again, and when it does I get loud noice from the everything bouncing around haha.

05 mustang gt, comp thumpr stage 2 cams, pypes full exhaust, roush intake, hurst STS, FRPP 4.10 gears, and a supercharger sitting in the garage.
post #637 of 3709 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 05:47 PM

^^ thanks bro! I definitely need to do something, i just took a ride and actually caught air over a huge bump in the road. Thats right, all 4 tires off the ground. it was insane and now my back is killin me. my poor car =( i cringe every time i hit a hard bump.

Project ULTRAVIOLENT
05 srt, 6pt cage, cammed, & garrett .50 trim! Customized with a touch from wiggy, bitts, and lilsparkplug

post #638 of 3709 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
^^ thanks bro! I definitely need to do something, i just took a ride and actually caught air over a huge bump in the road. Thats right, all 4 tires off the ground. it was insane and now my back is killin me. my poor car =( i cringe every time i hit a hard bump.
lol i took one of those big speed bumps, not the curved ones, but the angled ones kinda like a ramp at 65 one time.. didnt see it... needless to say i got all 4 off the air. was one hell of a landing, skipped my cd and everythign hahaha... also somehow ripped out my foglight and ripped the wiring harness for it.

post #639 of 3709 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 10:36 AM

I agree with thatguy, the megans really are a nice coilover set when adjusted correctly...

I ride on megans pretty low, I have them set 6 clicks from full soft and they ride pretty smooth.

2005 Orange Blast SRT-4 SOLD and missed!

post #640 of 3709 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_05 View Post
I agree with thatguy, the megans really are a nice coilover set when adjusted correctly...

I ride on megans pretty low, I have them set 6 clicks from full soft and they ride pretty smooth.
megans coils are made by bc.. fyi.

post #641 of 3709 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 06:56 PM

so does anyone have the explanation for why the left rear shock is longer than the right rear? I hope i didnt get screwed on these things...

I raised it up today and the left rear is like 5 inches longer and has a longer threaded body also. help meee haha

Project ULTRAVIOLENT

post #642 of 3709 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:44 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondspexj View Post
now your bringing a new pitcher into the ball game. figured we were just talking about bolting up coils and slamming cars to the ground lol. and besides no one makes extended top hats for the srt afaik, this would be lovely to have!
honestly they shouldn't be that hard to make. These are not CNC'd ones and they work fine:

Just need a vendor that can make then and some demand for em. That way you guys wouldn't have to run preload

That green SRT up there is about the only one I'd consider slammed from those pics, looks good!

2011 Brilliant Black Mazda 2 Touring
1991 BRG Miata Limited Edition LSex[/B]

Quote:
fusion210: Everytime I ride in a car you're driving I try to make it the last time. D:
post #643 of 3709 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 12:52 AM

ditto and ditto on the green srt.

maybe someone can make a limited run of them. i dont need them just yet but id buy a set for the near future.

post #644 of 3709 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCLR8TN View Post
honestly they shouldn't be that hard to make. These are not CNC'd ones and they work fine:

Just need a vendor that can make then and some demand for em. That way you guys wouldn't have to run preload

That green SRT up there is about the only one I'd consider slammed from those pics, looks good!
i bet mpx could make something like this..

jess all the vendor would need to make is tophats right???? hell mpx carries both megans and bcs in stock.

post #645 of 3709 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 05:08 AM

Quote:
so does anyone have the explanation for why the left rear shock is longer than the right rear? I hope i didnt get screwed on these things...

I raised it up today and the left rear is like 5 inches longer and has a longer threaded body also. help meee haha
do you just have one of the bodies threaded into the coilover more??? they should be the same size...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode