How-To: Remote Key Fob Programming! - Page 6 - Dodge SRT Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
subscribed, never got a fob for my car just ordered 2 ill have one programmed and ill do the second one to save money, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 06:56 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
The dealer usually only charges 1 set amount to program 1 or 3 so........
post #78 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 09:56 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
slightly resurrecting the dead here but
I bought an srt4 recently and the dealer forgot to send the fob that came with it

my other car is an 03 sxt which I have 2 fobs for it
can I do this tutorial with one of the fobs and then have it work for the srt4?

post #79 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoxihax View Post
slightly resurrecting the dead here but
I bought an srt4 recently and the dealer forgot to send the fob that came with it

my other car is an 03 sxt which I have 2 fobs for it
can I do this tutorial with one of the fobs and then have it work for the srt4?
From what I have read on older post you can't, you have to have one of the originals from the Srt it's self.
The only other way is to have the dealer make you a new one
post #80 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 08:10 PM

Method D - Using Data Connector Link to program FOB?

According to Mumbles05's "04-12-2011, 07:47 PM" post, the listed "Method D" does not require a working remote and does not require taking your car into the dealership to program a remote.

Has anyone tried "Method D" and was it successful? I have a 2003 SRT4 and it never had a FOB so I ordered 1 for $30 on ikeyless.com and the dealership said they'd charge $50 to program it, but if I can do it myself...
post #81 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 10:56 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
^ same Q here....!

*1st stock-PCM 5-speed in the 9s
*Quickest 5speed SRT-4 7/15-5/17
6yr record broken (street driven):
https://youtu.be/BSdIg4qVAbU
2/19: 9.29 @156MPH
All builds & tuning in house
-Flame Red Performance LLC central NJ
@FlameRedPerformanceLLC - IG
God above everything!
post #82 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 02:47 PM

Ok I have to bump this, I have one original key fob and bought a used one on eBay. Ok my problem is when I program the new on it de-programs my old. Wtf? Not sure y so I tryed to reprogram my old one and it did but it deprogrammed the other. Wtf!? Any help?

ONES NOT ENOUGH!!
post #83 of 88 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 01:06 PM

Anyone know why programing new remotes would cause my factory alarm to be deactivated?

Alarm was working fine before, program two additional remotes, no alarm, all three remotes work, but no alarm.
post #84 of 88 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 02:04 PM

...alarm works, but the horn doesn't honk when you lock it...any ideas?

Update...some how when I was programming the new remotes I turned off the horn. Owners manual to the rescue!

DROID3

'05 NSRT4 Silver, Stage 2 with Toys, TurboXS SML BOV, drop in K&N, Ed Pete shift fork, ES LCA bushings, Booger bushings, Mopar STS, SBC/DXD S2 endurance clutch, Duster tune.

Last edited by Missin4; 07-10-2013 at 06:50 PM.
post #85 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 02:24 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
OK, I just wanted to clarify a couple of things on this reprogramming method:

1) this process DOES work for remote programming. I think the detail many miss is that you have to add every remote that you want to use while you are doing the programming, including the one that worked before you start programming. (If you have one working remote, and one not: After entering programming mode with the working remote, you have to then reprogram BOTH remotes by pressing lock and unlock within the time window.)

2) don't throw out a remote you think is dead. there is a set of metal tabs under the battery stack that get weak over time. If you have a remote that isn't working and one that is, do theses things. A ) Take it apart. Clean the contacts on the green circuit board where the buttons touch with 91% alcohol, and a cotton swab. B ) clean the black rubber contacts that meet the metal ones on the board you just cleaned, also with alcohol and swab. C ) bend the metal tabs under the battery up until they stand out at about a 30 degree angle from the case back they are attached to. D ) install new batteries, + side facing you. E ) program according to steps on post one of this thread.

Following these steps, and thanks to the directions in post one of this thread, I "resurrected" one of my original 2 remotes - thought to be dead after a battery change didn't make it work. It sat in a drawer for 5 ish years, thought dead - works fine now. Glad I didn't toss it in the waste bin.

'Tilll next time,
Rich

3/11/05 Stone White ACR on order!

5/10/05 Stone White ACR in the garage !!

9/20/16 SOLD after 160k+ miles of faithful service.
post #86 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 10:46 AM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Bumping a old thread. My car orginally came with a Key Fob. I lost the key fob. So there is one registered to the system. Can I still program a additional key fob? Does it physically have to see the fob in the car?
post #87 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 08:43 PM
"Made" Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1175 Post(s)
Do you have working key fob now? Sorry, your post is not too clear on that fact. From post 1 in this thread I believe it says you have to have at least 1 functioning FOB to program more.
post #88 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostSRT4 View Post
Bumping a old thread. My car orginally came with a Key Fob. I lost the key fob. So there is one registered to the system. Can I still program a additional key fob? Does it physically have to see the fob in the car?
No, you do not have to have any key fob to get a new one, and a good locksmith shop has all the tools necessary to program a new one. You can go to the dealer, they can do the work, but they will absolutely rob you blind. The work may take 10 minutes but there isn't a dealership out there that charges that way, they generally charge you for 30 minutes of work, which will be around 50 bucks for labor and god knows whatever else they'll add to the charges. There isn't really much of anything a dealer is going to do above and beyond a good locksmith.

I ordered a key fob off Amazon for 8 bucks. I was told by several people however that the online key fobs can be hit and miss. The locksmith told me the same thing, however their fob was 50 dollars. They told me they'd try to program the fob I bought, but it would be 35 dollars even if the programming didn't work (or 50 total if I bought their fob). I took a chance and told them to try mine, and it worked. I also got a second SKIM key for my car from them.

Now, one thing I do have to say, the range on this fob, for whatever reason, is not great. This is the fob for my 2002 Neon SE, it has about 25% of the range of my SRT-4 (factory fob). I don't know if that's a battery, programming, or inferior fob issue. But, the fob does work, that's all I cared about.

It might do you better to search specifically for a used Neon key fob. I think mine may be a really good chinese copy. Try a local U-Pull-It also, often times they will sell fobs relatively cheap, and they keep the name of the car they got the fobs from.

Hopefully this answers your question?

OH, and many people have had issues following the complicated process shown in this thread trying to program one on their own. It's simply not worth it. I've talked to a lot of people who have tried it and can't get it to work IRL, and no one who has gotten it to work. I followed it to the LETTER and never got it to work on several vehicles. It is far less hit than miss.
HybridKid likes this.

Last edited by RTShadow; 03-14-2019 at 10:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode