• 1 Post By i_ride_neon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Help with T1000 cal update fail on PT GT

I have a 2006 pt cruiser. I tried messaging diablosport, didn't really say much. Just told me how to turn the key from off to on. Basically I bought a new T1000, same day I updated/registered it. Got the CAL ID and got the cal update on the tuner, went to the car and ran the cal update. Goes to 100%, 3 key cycles, then I get a fail message. At this point it will just keep cycling the same update and failing. If I try to run the car between updates the car runs like crap, CEL is on, traction control light is on, I can't scan codes with the diablosport or my snap on scanners. Vin wont show up on either. Also the shift indicators are all lit up on the dash and feels like trans is in 2nd gear on a start. I can't even drive the car. Car was flawless before the diablo tuner. Any input and suggestions are welcome, hoping someone had a similar issue and can point me in the right direction. Car is a 2006 pt gt with an auto trans. I tried going on the diablosport forums but it wont let me confirm my email. I tried gmail and aol multiple times.

Last edited by i_ride_neon; 06-08-2018 at 07:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 01:07 AM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Instead of messaging/emailing Diablo try calling during their business hours. If it failed during a calibration update, they might be able to walk you though forcing the calibration again. Worst case if the computer is responding a dealer or pass-through scan tool might be able to reapply the stock calibration, but I'd try calling Diablo first.

Also how is the condition of the battery in your car? Any chance during a longer update cycle the voltage dropped too low and caused a failure? This doesn't seem to be as big a problem on the Chryslers but some of the older Fords were really pick and they used to recommend keeping the car on a good charger while updating.

Eric H. - '04 Neon SRT-4 (eBlue/S2) - '92 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T
'91 Dodge Spirit R/T - '19 Pacifica Hybrid Limited - '14 CTS-V Wagon
'08 Cobalt SS Turbo - '14 Cruze Turbo Diesel - '02 SVT Focus (S/C)
'04 SVT Focus (EAP) - '07 Ram 1500 - '81 & '85 Chevy Citation X-11
'90 Pontiac Turbo Gran Prix (ASC/McLaren) - '93 Olds Achieva SCX W41
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Battery is great. Today I pulled fuses for the amps and stuff, had car on charger at 12.6 volts, and still not working. I will just wait until Monday and give them a call. Fingers crossed.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 05:53 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Make sure you have disconnected any aftermarket electronics as well.

DiabloSport tuned by Brian (Mindmelt101) at Drag-On Resources.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Just wanted to post an update in case someone else runs into this. After talking with them on the phone and forcing the update the car was still messed up, throwing codes for a maf sensor and trans in limp mode. They said they never seen this issue before, but maybe if I sent in the PCM and tuner they could fix it. I shipped it out on a Friday and got it back the following Tuesday in working order. Car runs normal again. Maybe just a fluke with my car during the update or something. But Diablosport has great customer service and turn around.
HybridKid likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode