Concerned about my LTFT/Potentially AFR (log inside.) - Page 3 - Dodge SRT Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 09:50 AM
"Made" Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1175 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthe48 View Post
The spark plugs all looked pretty much fine, though I do remember that three of them were pretty much identical, and the one closest to the driver's side was different from the others.

I believe #4 was worse than the identical three.

I wasn't in a hurry to buy a set of injectors, just something that was an option.

I'll look into the ultrasonic cleaner next, it looks like there are cheaper ones on eBay.
I would put new plugs in and switch injectors 1 and 4 places. Drive for a little and see if the plugs look has switched from 4 to 1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridKid View Post
I would put new plugs in and switch injectors 1 and 4 places. Drive for a little and see if the plugs look has switched from 4 to 1.
That's a really good idea.

I also have the ability to get a set of stock injectors (used, unknown condition) for $30 locally, but he said I could try them before buying them.
I don't get paid until Friday, but I'm probably going to take him up on that as well.

I'll definitely try with the new set of plugs though, not too expensive and a good way to see if the injector for 4 is the problem child.

I decided against buying a MAP sensor, but i did get some cleaner and wiped the end of mine off and cleaned off the area where it mates to the intake manifold, just in case.
Didn't seem like it was really going to be the issue, but I figured why not.
So far LTFT is at 16% after cleaning the MAP, but I haven't driven it that long yet either.
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

I got the used set of injectors off of a friend and installed them tonight.

One of my four injectors that were already in the car seemed to have a thin-white build-up of something closer to the bottom o-ring.

I swapped out the injectors and reset the computer, and drove it for around an hour. When I stopped to check, the LTFT at idle was at -6%, something I've never seen. The diablo froze when I tried to exit the tuning page, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in and the LTFT jumped up to 12%, and made it to 19.5% by the time I got home.

I'm going to drive it for a few more days and see what the LTFT does, and maybe have my original set of injectors sent out to be cleaned when I have a chance, just to eliminate the possibility.
HybridKid likes this.

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Just as an update, I believe my injectors were the main issue.

After swapping them on Tuesday, I've been driving it all week and noting the fuel trims.

It seems like in the morning when I start it and it's very cold out, as soon as the engine warms up it bumps the LTFT to around 10%-12%.

Later on in the afternoon when it's warmer outside and the car is warmer, the long term trim will drop to as low as 5.6%.

This is an insane improvement to me from the constant 15%-26% LTFT I was seeing before.

I'm going to keep an eye on it, but the car is idling smoother and seems to have a bit more immediate throttle response.

Steering wheel used to vibrate/shake at idle a fair bit and now it does not.

When I get a chance, I'm going to send my original injectors out to be properly cleaned and then I'll swap them into the car.

Huge thanks to everyone for the help, I really appreciate it.
HybridKid likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode