New best times from an old Tucson member

982 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Philth 
#1 · (Edited)
Here goes guys:

1.7277 60'
5.2338 330'
8.0245 ET
90.40 trap

Two hundredths away from a 1.6x 60' and a 7.9x et. I used the same settings as my other thread for the suspension and tires.

New stuff:
-I held HOM with a blend of 3.5 gals 91 and 2 gals C16
-Removed passenger seat (why not, eh?)
-Lowes catch can (air/water seperator)
-0-30 fully synthetic mobil oil ($22 at wally world for a 5 qt jug!)
enginjoe, you're on!

#2 ·
That's a good time right there. For the life of me I can't find my good slips. I found the slip from when I broke the tranny:

60' - 2.002
330' - 5.624 <---I don't know if I was broke already
1/8 - 9.49 <---Coasted through the 1/8th trying to get it into gear
mph - 56.88
1000ft - 14.176
No finish

If I could match your 60' I think I'd be pretty close.

:clap:

#10 ·
LOL oh shit....C16 (blend) and Stage 2? I've heard of people holding HOM on S2 and 93+ windshield wiper mix spraying...lol
Reason why I asked if you were S3 is because that PCM is a bitch to hold HOM on...
Holding HOM on S2 with a stock turbo might be possible, but not with the E1 pushing about 7 more pounds of boost. I was also running M1 methanol through an M5 and M7 nozzle on those runs.

Hence why I run a few gallons of straight C16. One evening of not holding HOM pissed me off so much I decided not to fuck around anymore. :)
Agreed! This was actually the first time I tried to hold HOM and still was able to pull about 12% of the fuel out to get a nice AFR. I'm thinking I may just need to throw more methanol at it to get away with running pump gas.

Corn will do just fine for me thanks... :jester:

Actually, I do mix with race gas for track duty :wah?!:
Corn, lead, alcohol, who cares? It all burns the same right? :jester:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.