Dodge SRT Forum banner

Vacumn line set up for 1:1, aem ebc, and ext wg

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  supermech21 
#1 ·
So the last time i went to the dyno my tuner complained about not being able to use the ebc. He kepted saying when ever he tried to adjust it one the ems, it would take him to a screen he had never seen before:stab:.

Then he also said my 1:1 on my afpr wasnt ran right???? :tongue: ...I honestly dont think he has tuned on many aem's before because the car has a terrible stutter that im trying to work out as well.

This was my old wiring diagram:

Is this right? Let me know how you guys ran your lines...

See less See more
#2 ·
Just so theres no confusion:
AFPR to Cold side pipe
Throttle body Tee'd with Bov and brake booster
Ext wast gate Top port to EBC
Ext wastegate bottom port tee'd with turbo to EBC

Now my tune was finally set at 14lbs of boost, which was off the wastegate spring. Could the springs in either the wastegate or bov have anything to do with this??? The wastegate was bought used and has ".8" written on top of it? Im assuming this is the lb spring. Now does that mean thats all it can run or just the minimum??? The BOV was bought new, dont know what spring. I would just buy a bunch of those springs but there stupid expensive.

#9 ·
i wouldnt do vac/boost boost only is good :thumbsup:the EMS has plenty or resalution to deal with it, but be sure the BOV is set up right flutter will kill the tune or off the turbo would be GOOD and give you a couple extra psi to the fpr to work with (nrever done it off the turbo thoo)

#13 ·
anyway it is much easier to tune when you put the fpr source before the throttle blade. if you run it on vacuum its harder to tune because fuel pressure goes up when it loses vacuum.you can use it though..not my favorite way of doing it at all. if you run pressure only then you will have steady fuel pressure until you reach positive manifold pressure and at that point its obviously 1:1

when you run boost only and have steady fuel pressure it requires a higher raw fuel value number as well in vacuum so that will only help you by increasing resolution in the fuel map.

think about it for a sec... watch your vac gauge when you are driving and take note how much it goes up and down from vac to 0psig. everytime it comes out of vacuum your pressure goes up.is that what you really want?..not me..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.