Dodge SRT Forum banner

N2MB Boost Box and EMS

8K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  atroph 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay, since my ems is screwed, no one can seem to help me and the people at AEM are tools.

Can I use N2MB Boost Box in a car that has an EMS?

Thanks
Ryan

#4 ·
I only use the WOT box for the WOT feature... boost is monitored thru ems

#8 ·
Bumping this OLD thread to see if anyone has figured out a way to run boosty box with aem ems...

My boost box gets rpm, map, mph, from the DLC on OBD port.... So technically with a "dead" OBD port my box is now useless!

Any ideas?

#10 ·
You could try and rewire it from the motor harness.

Well I found out I can enable the boost box via MAP instead of TPS which gets its signal from dlc... I'm going to call n2mb soon to confirm this and see if they can cut me a deal on a boot box lol, it will be my 3rd time buying one and I've gotten them at least 15 sold locally that I've installed! I'll even rock a dam n2mb sticker on my windshield if I need to!

#23 · (Edited)
Need to see if all of the inputs to the BB are still connected. Also telemetry mode must be off as the BB uses OBII data from the stock PCM. This applies for the AEM EMS that is plug and play. If you have a different set up then it may or may not work. Most of the info you seek is in the BB manual. If that doesn't help I'd suggest to contact n2mb. I have spoke with Jay in the past and he is really helpful.

I find it odd that your tuner didn't set up the boost up via the ems. A MBC is kinda cheesy when you have an advanced device under the hood.

Are you using the serial data stream gauge from AEM?

Edit: just looked at the factory manual. Looks like the BB uses the PCI bus from the OBD connector. I know that the ems will send either obd data or telemetry data over the SCI transmit line. I have no idea what is transmitted over the PCI line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.