DCXNews: 2005 2.4ltr Turbo engine recall

90K views 265 replies 145 participants last post by  protivakid 
#1 ·
SUBJECT: Rapid Response Transmittal Service Action #05-008 REV. A

RE: 2.0L DOHC, 2.4L NA OR 2.4L TURBO ENGINE BENT VALVE

DATE: May 9, 2005

INVOLVED VEHICLES:

2005 (RS) Town & Country/Caravan
2005 (RG) Chrysler Voyager (International Markets)
2005 (PT) PT Cruiser
2005 (PL) Neon
2005 (TJ) Wrangler
2005 (KJ) Liberty
2005 (JR) Sebring Sedan/Convertible/Stratus Sedan

DISCUSSION: A number of 2.0L DOHC, 2.4L naturally aspirated or 2.4L turbo engines may have been built with a bent valve(s). This could result in a vehicle no start, engine misfire or engine noise. If after a road test the conditions are not present, no further action is required. It will be necessary to perform a road test on all the vehicles listed, to determine if an engine replacement is necessary.

If any vehicle(s) have the condition the engine assembly must be replaced.

SOURCE: Oh20 (Corporate employee)

See less See more
#79 ·
mannyking2000 said:
there is no option to replace the valves. its motor or nothing. maybe next time you shouldnt talk until you know that you are talkin about.
Maybe next time you should learn how to speak from your mind, to your fingers, onto the keyboard correctly :lol:

Im jk, <3.

#84 ·
man i love this web site,i just got a 05' silver srt4,moonroof,viper seats,alarm activated pocket rocket.almost as fast as my 12sec. 71' demon340.what my car does is seems to ping at 2500rpm to3500rpm 2nd and 3rd only,if car sits 4 or 5 hours when starting has tick until warmed but queit first thing in morning or less than 3hrs and all other times.car has 818miles on it,stock.sometimes it seems to have a miss at idle or 3/4 to full throtle 3500 or so rpm's.had one check engine light at 120miles and sputtered then ran fine but light stayed on for half day,then went out,checked code thanks to this sight p0339 crankshaft position sensor intermittent.anybody have any thougts. thanks!

#89 ·
well went to dealer yesterday,they said front end was out of alignment and they fixed it,and its still the same!i guess once you get the check engine light code by the key 5times thing ,it clears it ,and i told dealer i did it and what it was, they said dont do that ,could void warranty,yeah whatever! 1100 miles and runa great,I think the little miss is from ignition,time for better coil and wires.no ticks no check engine light.screw the dealers.not going back unless I have to. man those tires are noisey at 40-45mph.guess I'll have to drive faster!

#90 ·
is there anything like this for the 04's?? i have a rough idle and some valve noise comming from the passenger side valve cover. mabe they r related?

#91 ·
jonny04srt4 said:
is there anything like this for the 04's?? i have a rough idle and some valve noise comming from the passenger side valve cover. mabe they r related?

Yes, it only happens to the BLUE 04 SRT-4's You may have an engine that was slated to be in a Blue 04 and the line messed up. :hi:

#92 ·
gargoile said:
Yes, it only happens to the BLUE 04 SRT-4's You may have an engine that was slated to be in a Blue 04 and the line messed up. :hi:
thats very odd. mine was made in 01 of 04 so i didnt think i would have a problem. if it gets really bad ill look into it.

#93 ·
jonny04srt4 said:
thats very odd. mine was made in 01 of 04 so i didnt think i would have a problem. if it gets really bad ill look into it.

Just kidding, I was making fun of the Blue 04 guys who say theirs are the best evar.... With that being said, any model of any year may have bad parts from a vendor from time to time. Some will have a run in their line, as with what Hemi posted. Others will, 1 or 2 bad items will make it thru the quality inspections. When you dealing with the ammount of parts that go into a car, and the shear voulme some cars will have problems.

#94 ·
I have a 2005 SRT-4 which I bought on 10 November 2004. It had about 40 (no doubt hard) "test drive" miles on it. I have put 12056 miles on it since then, with about 35% in the miserable traffic of the San Francisco Bay Area, and 65% on back roads and byways of California, Nevada and Arizona. I drive it the way SRT-4s were designed to be driven, i.e., I've hit the rev limiter more than a few times and am read for another set of tires. The only modifications are the addition of Hotchkiss sway bars f&r and strut tower braces f&r and a K&N air filter. Here's the scoop: It runs beautifully. It doesn't have any pings, rattles or ticks from the engine, or the body or chassis for the matter. It gets excellent milage for a car of this type. It uses a half a quart of Amsoil 5-30 synthetic oil every 6000 miles. No leaks, drips or errors. I'm happy as can be with my SRT-4.

Reading this has been very entertaining. I can't believe that a person who is spending big bucks on the "Journey to 300hp" doesn't realize that by removing the "valve cover" (actually, in OHC engines, they're called "Cam Covers") you don't see the valves. Curious.

It's also interesting to listen to (read) the hand-wringing angst of people who modify their cars and then go to the trouble of removing the modifications after their engines go sour and start making strange noises, and expect Daimler-Chrysler to fix their cars on warranty. Get real! There's an awful lot of "let's get something for nothing" going around here in the good 'ol USA these days, isn't there?

Listen up, kiddies: If you want to play, YOU HAVE TO PAY. Learn that lesson early and you'll be a lot happier as the years go by.

#98 ·
Um.. make sure your keys aren't hitting the column first. :lol:

#101 ·
distinctdev said:
is there anyway someone can get ahold of the list, I have a feeling the dealership will just deny the fact that a list even exists
Thats what my dealership did! ohh there is no such thing someones pulling your chain the guy says!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.