LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 374 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 05:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toasteroven
SRT Engineers:

1. Why do you include a little book with the car called "Owners Manual", if it's obvious that NO ONE READS IT? Let's just delete it from the Caliber and put that R/D $$ into the engine. Think of the weight savings.

2. Regarding the stock wastegate; was a revised wastegate put into production near the end of the SRT-4's production run? If so, is there a "go fast" reason, or simply a "different supplier" reason?

3. I also want to know about the oil issue - what *should* we put in, what *would* you recommend, and what *do* you run?
^^ 3) Very well put, in other words, "I know what the manual says, but what do you recommend and what do YOU put in?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 374 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First off i wanna say that its awesome to see some engineers taking the time out of their busy day to come in here and answer some questions. I dont own a dodge but im very impressed that you guys are making this effort

With that said i have a quick question. Ive been doing alot of headwork on srt4's lately and ive noticed that the exhaust ports are insanely restrictive. Not only are the throats tiny but there is a lip right below the valve seat that looks like it would hinder airflow a good bit. Is there any reason you guys made these ports so small?

Id also like to know what the purpose of the hole that goes through the seperator. It almost looks like some sort of pressure equalization tube or something...sorta like an X-over pipe on a v8. Thanks

I play with heads all day
post #78 of 374 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 11:23 AM

Question 1:
I would like to know the specifics on the SRT-4 ACR production numbers. Exactly how many 2005 ACR SRT-4's were produced? If possible a color breakdown or option/color list? When I bought my ACR the dealer told me only 500 were made and now I heard it is over 1164.

Question 2:
The Downpipe features 3 studs and one nut/bolt with a tab. This tab breaks off when using hand tools leaving us with a spinning bolt and hours of trouble. Why was the downpipe designed like this? In the future maybe Mopar can come up with a better way to do this, because when a month old car breaks a bolt imagine these cars five years from now.

Question 3:
What happens to all the experimental parts that you used on the SRT-4 and SRT-4 ACR that never went into prodution? I've heard rumors that most get thrown away or are put into storage. Is it possible for us to get any of the parts that were deemed too much money or made the car too aggressive for the street?

post #79 of 374 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 11:40 AM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_bran
^^ X2

Anybody have any ideas on the 0W40 post of mine from the beginning?
Ethan has already commented in this. We should all be running 0w-40 for regular driving and 15w-50 if you'll be racing for extended periods of time.

https://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55991

Quote:
Originally Posted by DODGETWEAKER
Mobile One 15w50 if you are road racing for 15 min or longer. Mobile One 0w40 for any other kind of driving. Do not run 15w50 in cold weather. 0w40 is better than any other Mobile One oil in every condition except 15w50 under very hot running temperatures.

Last edited by 94thunderchicken; 12-16-2005 at 11:44 AM.
post #80 of 374 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 11:54 AM
SRTforums Member

I do have a question though. In the last Q/A you guys stated that a catch can should not be used on our vehicles. What should we do to prevent the excessive blow by from getting into our IC's?

When I brought the car into my dealer at 10,xxx miles they stated to maintain my warranty I would need to have the IC tubes cleaned every 12,000 miles to prevent a potential damage of the IC, the TB and the IAC sensor.

I don't have a problem with paying for proper maintanence, but was there perhaps a design flaw in allowing so much blowby?
post #81 of 374 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.holloway
2. it also came to my attention in a past issue of Sport Compact Car {june 04} that when they did the ten greatest rides under 25g's, they had an srt-4
with a qoute saying that ''when you own all the contents of the mopar catalog, including the stage 3. you'll be eligible for the secret mopar underoo upgrade'' is this an aluminum k-member? if not tell me what it is!! a whole year and im dying to know!! if this is a misquote hang the old editors of scc
---
RFLOL that was a joke, they mean underpants upgrade becaus you're going to sh*t your self when you drive it.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.
2004 Corvette Commemorative edition - Blue - stuff 2004 Dodge SRT-4 Silver - Bone stock 1983 Ford F100 step side - Ford 460 7.6L 2015 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Candy Fire Red
post #82 of 374 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 12:27 AM
Alien Clones Champion

One question on my mind lately is why was the fuel rail schrader valve removed from the srt4 in late 03 early 04? Was it because of the worry that people would use nitrous then try and make warrenty claims?

That is what i want to ask the engineers.
Randy
post #83 of 374 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoptosis
Question 2:
The Downpipe features 3 studs and one nut/bolt with a tab. This tab breaks off when using hand tools leaving us with a spinning bolt and hours of trouble. Why was the downpipe designed like this? In the future maybe Mopar can come up with a better way to do this, because when a month old car breaks a bolt imagine these cars five years from now.
[/B][/I]
Operator error. I've done countless removals on my car and others...not broken TAB. Seek professional mechanic next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole Smelly
Just for the record, the torque setting for the oil drain plug is 20 ft-lbs, not infinity.
someone is watching me
post #84 of 374 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymzx
^^ They can't talk about future products.
the engines not being sold yet maybe, but the qoute is in referrence to something already being sold or in use brotha, so what gives dcx??
post #85 of 374 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 05:16 PM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum
I was wondering if you guys might address the claim about 4 people on this board have made about hydrolocking the engine in small puddles (few inches deep, not feet or anything) while stock. I have to admit I get a little worried when I hear that more than one person has done it stock. So, is this possible or are they lying? and if it can happen as easily as they claim can you please make and release a solution for the few of us stock SRT-4 drivers left.
I have run a stock 04 SRT4 in Ohio for over a year now. Even in down pours and heavier puddles, I have never, repeat never had a problem with the stock air box setup. The only time you should worry about water ingestion is if you have a cold air intake installed and the pipe and filter are so low down that going thru a heavier puddle could put the water in the path of your cold air intake. Then you would ingest some water. The stock box is high covered and dry.
post #86 of 374 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 05:19 PM
User Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagok1
Why no upgrades for the SRT-6?
if you have an SRT6 consult tuners who make upgrades for the Benz SLK32 AMG and C32 AMG....same drivetrain....
post #87 of 374 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 05:20 PM
User Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch
will you be coming out with more perfomance products for the pt cruiser gt, such as beefed up auto tranny, stag2, stage 3 etc....

thanks
no.... the Mopar catalog for 2006 should have all the products offered for the PT
post #88 of 374 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 05:21 PM
User Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_SRT
I got a question im sure someone knows.. How much power can the mopar performance clutch hold???can it keep up with stage 3r...
if you look at what Mopar recommends when upgrading to S3.....one of them is the Mopar clutch, so obviously they wouldnt recommend it unless it was fully capable of handling the power.
post #89 of 374 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 05:22 PM
User Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerman
Why is the turbo in the back of the engine bay? I hate it there...
if you knew anything about Turbo Dodges you'd know thats where they've always been located. Just be glad you've never had to work on a 8v 2.2/2.5 turbo car.....intake manifold and turbo assembly are both on the back
post #90 of 374 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 05:25 PM
User Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeslice
Is there any talk for a factory brake upgrade kit? For thoes of us that want the better brake feel and better long term stopping power. not saying the factory ones arent bad but for those of us that have your coilovers are now going faster at the racing tracks might want some better brakes, and would like to stick with factory parts.
thanks
the oem brakes were lifted off the PT GT and through modifications it was made to fit on the Independent Rear suspended neon....vs the semi stup in the PT

so...the answer is no
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode