Questions for the next session - Page 11 - Dodge SRT Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 374 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bast525
okay what the hell??? I though the purpose of THIS thread was for us to post our questions, then the 'good' questions to be selected out from here and transferred into the new Q & A thread when it was time??

Instead, you guys just opened a new thread and made it open season for everyone to just jump in and keep flooding with stupid questions, in the meantime some of us who asked good, legitimate, not-answered-before questions here, and weren't around for the actual Q & A yesterday... our questions didn't get answered.

SO what the heck was the purpose of this thread at all???
Nice to see that an answer to his question is being avoided. Mods? Admins? Anyone?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 374 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 03:30 PM
SRTforums Member

This was never an 'official' thread. It wasn't started by any member of the admin group or moderators.
https://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...89&postcount=1

James
Team Positive Intake Manifold Pressure (PIMP)
READ AND LEARN:
Engines Transmissions Turbochargers Horsepower Torque
post #153 of 374 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 02:09 PM
"Made" Member

Lifetime Premium Member
WHY OH WHY did you put in a MAP sensor that can't see past 2.25 bar (not inc. atmospheric pressure)???

In addition...why not use a MAF?

2010 Chevrolet Corvette
2007 Audi A4 3.2 QUATTRO (SOLD!)
2004 Dodge SRT-4 (SOLD!)
1999 Chevy Camaro (SOLD!)

post #154 of 374 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 02:14 PM
SRTforums Member

Maybe because there was nothing in the parts box that used MAF? Why spend so much R&D time on the NGC that is MAP-oriented and then come up with a one-off MAF solution?

Why should they put a big MAP sensor on there stock? It works just fine with the stock setup. You want to modify your car? Oh, you're on your own...

James
Team Positive Intake Manifold Pressure (PIMP)
READ AND LEARN:
Engines Transmissions Turbochargers Horsepower Torque
post #155 of 374 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 03:50 PM

I just think it's ludicrous for a auto manufacturer to create parts for cars that void the warranty if purchased. It seems even some of the more benign ones get the dealers excited that they don't have to work. There needs to be some one that you can call to have such devastating claim examined for validity without jumping through hoops.

The dealer I've bought my car from claims they will *not* void the warranty if I buy the Mopar parts. I spoke to the Manager, Financier, and my Internet salesperson BEFORE purchasing the car.

It seems apparent that you need to avoid a redneck dealerships, and go to one with some credibility...?

My question is, were these MOPAR products created intending to void warranties if purchased and installed? Was this some bizzaro way to save on warranty claims? With the average car buyer from thsi age group not being able to afford voiding thier warranty, this seems a poor business model.
post #156 of 374 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 10:03 PM

sorry but im a new b wat does WOT stand for?
post #157 of 374 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 11:45 PM

WOT = Wide Open Throttle
post #158 of 374 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 11:13 AM

I would like the engineers to elaborate more on some of their responses...

EG, someone asked "is removing my BS a bad?" They answered: "yes, we put it there for a reason, don't remove them"...

Dozens of people have either cut their BS chains or removed the BSs...What exactly will happen? If ultimately they expect a decrease in engine life, what's their estimate? Something like "Engine will expectancy will be decreased by 25%" would be great...

Former 295hp/344tq owner

post #159 of 374 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 02:07 PM

LordJish kind of goes back to my question a while back. Why should people spend the extra money on genuine Mopar Performance Parts and have them dealer installed if the factory will not even back them up. I thought there was some of the best possible research to develop these parts to be safe on DCX products. Wouldn't that imply that under most conditions the parts would not harm the vehicle?

Stage 2 Coilovers, Stage 2 No Toys, Mopar STS, Thermal Exhaust w/Cat, 18" Centerline RPM's w/225Goodyear Eagle F1's.
post #160 of 374 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerod
LordJish kind of goes back to my question a while back. Why should people spend the extra money on genuine Mopar Performance Parts and have them dealer installed if the factory will not even back them up. I thought there was some of the best possible research to develop these parts to be safe on DCX products. Wouldn't that imply that under most conditions the parts would not harm the vehicle?
Guessing that's not something a srt engineer should answer...Also guessing the marketing dept is the ones who decide how much to sell a part for and if it should be warrantied or not...

Former 295hp/344tq owner

post #161 of 374 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 02:37 PM

ACR on the Drag Strip........

I have a 2005 ACR with Stage 3.
I want to take the car to the track for drag racing. what is the biggestsize drag radial that will fit and you recomend for the car seeing it has the ACR suspension.

Does it make a difference what rear tires I use?
post #162 of 374 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 04:01 PM

Ok, Under normal driving conditions is there any reason why an of the Mopar Performance Staged Upgrades should cause failure on another part of the vehicle?

If so, are there any other Mopar Performance Parts that you would recommend to get along with any of the Staged Upgrades so that this is less likely to happen?

Stage 2 Coilovers, Stage 2 No Toys, Mopar STS, Thermal Exhaust w/Cat, 18" Centerline RPM's w/225Goodyear Eagle F1's.
post #163 of 374 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerod
Ok, Under normal driving conditions is there any reason why an of the Mopar Performance Staged Upgrades should cause failure on another part of the vehicle?

If so, are there any other Mopar Performance Parts that you would recommend to get along with any of the Staged Upgrades so that this is less likely to happen?
With the exception of the clutch, which they do recommend be changed with S3, it would seem to make sense that if the kits caused failure, Mopar would have changed the kit to aleviate that, or recommend a change out like they did with the clutch.

I'm trying to read between the lines here, are you wanting them to say something like "Get DSS Axles, becuase Stage 2 will kill the stockers"?

Id say I drive my car as hard, or harder than normal, and none of the Stage kits has broken anything.

I used to own one of the first SRT-4s sold, bought it new in Feb 2003, sold it Nov 2006 with 75K and Stage 3. Now I drive a 2006 SRT-8 Charger.
post #164 of 374 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 04:14 PM
SRTforums Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
So, Bill, Im assuming that 32,000 miles in probably more than one would want on their stock clutch if they were to install the S3r no toys.

sp©fo®ke® ™ cool

post #165 of 374 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 04:14 PM

Not really but some of the dealers say things like adding the BOV causes this to fail or adding a stage 1 kit causes that to fail, ect.. I am just thinking if there are any known parts that should be upgraded in conjunction with doing these kits then we should know about it. If not then the dealers should know.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode