Help Installation! AEM Wideband A/F ratio gauge and Wideband o2 sensor. - Dodge SRT Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Help Installation! AEM Wideband A/F ratio gauge and Wideband o2 sensor.

I need help installing my AEM Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio gauge and AEM Wideband O2 sensor. There may already be a thread for this, but I could not find it. If anyone could help, that would be awesome. Pictures would be even better. I work better with pictures. Have a good one, and hope to get some responses soon!

Cheap ain't fast and reliable
Reliable ain't cheap and fast
Fast ain't reliable and cheap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 12:51 PM

Help with what? The first thing you probably need to do is get a bung welded into your exhaust for the O2 sensor unless you already have a spare bung.
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 12:55 PM

https://www.srtforums.com/forums/f75/...deband-210014/
from the how-to section
EDIT: also, I used an add-a-circuit to supply power from the wiper fuse socket. If you pull up your center console, under the bracket for the driver side cup holder screw is what I consider the best place to drill a clean, hidden hole for the sensor cable to run through.

Flame Red, 2005, SCT PRP, RC 750cc, AGP DFIC, AGP 50 trim, 3in" TBE, BC S2 cams

Last edited by Brockf98; 09-12-2010 at 12:58 PM.

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockf98 View Post
If you pull up your center console, under the bracket for the driver side cup holder screw is what I consider the best place to drill a clean, hidden hole for the sensor cable to run through.
I never thought of that, Ill prolly do that when I put mine in

Project Gossamer
Corn Fed E1
DSP, E1, Turbonetics WG, Ported & Polished Ext Gated Mani, AEM UEGO, 30/30 Boost Gauge, Dogbones, Walbro 255, Perrin FR, AEM CAI, MSD Wires, FP Re-Wire, GReddy BOV w/ EDM pipe, Quickwhips BFMIC, 3" 02 & DP, Boost Box, WOT Box w/2-Step, 3" SEE, Custom Badges By Wiggy, 3bars, Duster360's 1025s, Maddog 80 STS
So Broke I Can't Afford To Pay Attention
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

The main problem I'm having right now is my gauge doesn't have the clip that connects to the Wideband O2 Sensor... The wires will clip into the back of the gauge, but there's no clip at the other end! I bought the gauge of a member named Person757. He told me that nothing was wrong with what he was sending with me except a few scratches on the silver ring (Which doesn't matter because I'm using the black ring). Here, It's missing that clip......

Is it possible to hook it up without those clips? Did I buy a gauge that I can't use?

Also, my downpipe is a 3" Catless with a bung for the stock 02 sensor... Do i need to weld a separate bung onto my downpipe, or can I use the stock Bung?

post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
https://www.srtforums.com/forums/f75/...deband-210014/
from the how-to section
EDIT: also, I used an add-a-circuit to supply power from the wiper fuse socket. If you pull up your center console, under the bracket for the driver side cup holder screw is what I consider the best place to drill a clean, hidden hole for the sensor cable to run through.

why not just run it through the steering wheel boot? thats what i did and havent had any problems and there is no drilling involved

New Srt4 2003 w/ over 130k miles (with a list of things wrong) spend 2k and drove all the way home with no problems no smoke and idle was fine!!!!

Current DD- 2008 335i twin turbo (tuned)

(OLD 2005 SRT4)MODS LIST: AGP DBB 50 TRIM, TUNED AND INSTALLED BY NIGEL AKA TURBO666 AT TRU DYNO SPORTS!
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 12:28 PM

Also, my downpipe is a 3" Catless with a bung for the stock 02 sensor... Do i need to weld a separate bung onto my downpipe, or can I use the stock Bung?[/QUOTE]

yes u will need to bung another weld right next to stock 02 sensor one. some ppl just pull the stock one out and use that but i personally would get another bung welded just to be safe just my .02

New Srt4 2003 w/ over 130k miles (with a list of things wrong) spend 2k and drove all the way home with no problems no smoke and idle was fine!!!!

Current DD- 2008 335i twin turbo (tuned)

(OLD 2005 SRT4)MODS LIST: AGP DBB 50 TRIM, TUNED AND INSTALLED BY NIGEL AKA TURBO666 AT TRU DYNO SPORTS!
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05blksrt87 View Post
Also, my downpipe is a 3" Catless with a bung for the stock 02 sensor... Do i need to weld a separate bung onto my downpipe, or can I use the stock Bung?

yes u will need to bung another weld right next to stock 02 sensor one. some ppl just pull the stock one out and use that but i personally would get another bung welded just to be safe just my .02[/QUOTE]

What is "Unsafe" about taking the stock O2 Sensor from the downpipe out and putting in the Wideband in place of it? If I decide to take the stock one out, would I have to completely disconnect the stock O2 sensor by the clip also? What would I do with the stock clip to the car?

post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Lifetime Premium Member
Youll prolly just get a CEL all the time seeing it doesnt have the 2nd O2 sensor, other then that I have no idea what would be unsafe about it. Yea just unpug the senor and leave the wires shouldnt be a problem with hitting anything if your worried about it just ziptie it outta the way. just my .02

Project Gossamer
Corn Fed E1
DSP, E1, Turbonetics WG, Ported & Polished Ext Gated Mani, AEM UEGO, 30/30 Boost Gauge, Dogbones, Walbro 255, Perrin FR, AEM CAI, MSD Wires, FP Re-Wire, GReddy BOV w/ EDM pipe, Quickwhips BFMIC, 3" 02 & DP, Boost Box, WOT Box w/2-Step, 3" SEE, Custom Badges By Wiggy, 3bars, Duster360's 1025s, Maddog 80 STS
So Broke I Can't Afford To Pay Attention
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Fresh Meat Moderator

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana4794 View Post

What is "Unsafe" about taking the stock O2 Sensor from the downpipe out and putting in the Wideband in place of it? If I decide to take the stock one out, would I have to completely disconnect the stock O2 sensor by the clip also? What would I do with the stock clip to the car?
There is nothing unsafe about it. Lots of people like me just take the second O2 out and use that bung on our catless downpipes.

Leave the second O2 plugged in and just zip tie it to the car. Mines been fine.
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 01:54 PM

Stupid question but if any of the 02 sensors are unplugged or are not reading correctly wouldn't that send an incorrect reading to the pcm and cause the car to run rich/lean?
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 02:21 PM

^^ not sure about the srt pcm, but many ecu's will enter a limp mode when certain things prevent it from controlling the drivetrain properly. If not, then it will only affect afr's when cruising/idle. When going wot, the pcm does not use o2 readings. It enters open loop and references fuel settings from corresponding cells on the fuel map. Also, narrow band (stock) sensors are not capable of safely reading afr's. But I think I saw something on here about wiring up a wide band sensor to the pcm and changing the scalars to adjust the pcm based on the WB sensor. I'm gonna look into that.

Flame Red, 2005, SCT PRP, RC 750cc, AGP DFIC, AGP 50 trim, 3in" TBE, BC S2 cams
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 02:33 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunerlover3 View Post
There is nothing unsafe about it. Lots of people like me just take the second O2 out and use that bung on our catless downpipes.

Leave the second O2 plugged in and just zip tie it to the car. Mines been fine.
Throws a code on the 05's right? Reason for the non-fouler mod?
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
^^ not sure about the srt pcm, but many ecu's will enter a limp mode when certain things prevent it from controlling the drivetrain properly. If not, then it will only affect afr's when cruising/idle. When going wot, the pcm does not use o2 readings. It enters open loop and references fuel settings from corresponding cells on the fuel map. Also, narrow band (stock) sensors are not capable of safely reading afr's. But I think I saw something on here about wiring up a wide band sensor to the pcm and changing the scalars to adjust the pcm based on the WB sensor. I'm gonna look into that.

thats what i was thinking. I did not know about the closed loop on WOT thought. Ill be getting into all this once i finally get my UEGO
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Fresh Meat Moderator

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTFerg View Post
Stupid question but if any of the 02 sensors are unplugged or are not reading correctly wouldn't that send an incorrect reading to the pcm and cause the car to run rich/lean?
No no no no no no no no.

The rear O2 sensor does NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for air fuel ratio.

And if the CEL comes on for the rear O2 it will perform like normal.

Some newer cars will run into limp mode, srt's will NOT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode