• 1 Post By gump1114
  • 1 Post By gump1114

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Clutch/trans

Clutch engaging right off the floor, and I can’t get it into first gear or second gear. It tries to grind. Every other gear is good, I didnshift cable adjustment and replaced the slave cylinder...any ideas? I’m dropping the trans next weekend and would like some insight before I get wrist deep in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 04:14 AM
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Premium Member
try adjusting the clutch pedal further out, at the same time make sure the rod/adjuster at the pedal isnt damaged. if that doesnt help, your clutch fork is likely worn out and not allowing enough throw of the throwout bearing on the pressure plate.

if you end up droping the trans and decide to change the clutch out, make sure to replace the clutch fork (i suggest the wikyd performance one), and pivot ball (boomba, dcr, or even just replacing the plastic cap on the OEM unit is good)
HybridKid likes this.

435 HP & 438 TQ -E85
Tuned by Turbo666 on his mustang dyno

Best ET to date: 12.1 @ 124 on DR's
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Thanks man! Do you think it could be a pivot fork or the throw out bearing at all?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 11:55 AM

Garage
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsrt4 View Post
Thanks man! Do you think it could be a pivot fork or the throw out bearing at all?
there are only so many things that can cause a clutch disk to not fully disengage when the pedal is pressed all the way down.

1) hydrolics (slave and or master cylinder)
2) pedal adjustment (this includes the adjustment rod which is prone to breaking)
3)clutch release fork worn down (it is a wear part and notorious for prematurely wearing)
4) TOB catastrophic failure (this would be more obvious as there would be noise and/or bad pedal feel)
5) clutch (disk or pressure plate) failure
HybridKid likes this.

435 HP & 438 TQ -E85

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Maybe I should order these parts since I’m
Dropping the trans anyways, I have an upgraded clutch to put in it. So I might as well swap those parts while I’m in there? Do you have any recommendations on where or which ones I should order? I won’t be beating on it really just highway pulls no track time or anything like that.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 10:24 AM
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
if it were mine.. (after having chased this a few times myself)
clutch pedal pivot, $30 dcr.. or equivalent ebay .. granger / fastenall has the parts easy to make too.
fork pivot ball
new fork (must) or welded to beef up the pad.. if you have a tig you can do this yourself
pilot bearing
clutch..
done..

405hp, 450tq
https://www.srtforums.com/forums/f451...w-123k-612933/
PCM=S0, DSP rescaled, 3bar map/tip
injectors= Siemens 80# (ebay $200)
built motor, 8.8:1 weisco, eagle-h, strap & windage
S3R DCR manifold ($500) w/evo8 turbo (ebay $150) - 20G/47# ebay ($200)
Evo 8 WGA
24x12x4 w/cast ends - CXRacing (ebay $200)
DataLogger DataQA, $25
Wideband UEGO (ebay $150)
vette rims 275/40/17
needswing v5
SouthBend S3
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

thanks dude! I’m actually ordering all of these parts tomorrow. If you have recommendations on where to order each part from I would really appreciate it!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 04:40 AM

Garage
Lifetime Premium Member
*disclaimer: this is my personal opinion and i have no ties to any of these companies*

Clutch: You say you already have one...
TOB: Should have come with the clutch, although people swear by using ONLY OEM... (i've run ACT TOBs twice now...) OEM part on modern peformance
Clutch fork: Wikyd performance
Pivot ball:OEM or Boomba
Clutch pedal pivot: DCR

435 HP & 438 TQ -E85

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump1114 View Post
*disclaimer: this is my personal opinion and i have no ties to any of these companies*

Clutch: You say you already have one...
TOB: Should have come with the clutch, although people swear by using ONLY OEM... (i've run ACT TOBs twice now...) OEM part on modern peformance
Clutch fork: Wikyd performance
Pivot ball:OEM or Boomba
Clutch pedal pivot: DCR

Let me give you the run down, this car was my uncles all I know is it’s full bolt on stage 3 mopar with turbo toys and an upgraded clutch I don’t know what the clutch is but it’s in a box. He passed away and his wife was attempting to drive it and had the stock clutch put back in to be easier for her to drive. And now it’s having these issues and is why she sold it to me at a very very low price. I don’t really know much about this car but every weekend I’m super deep into it trying to figure everything out. And I can’t stress enough how much I appreciate all of you helping me out I jsut wish I had a more direct line of help sometimes this website takes a while to get a response
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 02:55 AM

Garage
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Let me give you the run down, this car was my uncles all I know is itís full bolt on stage 3 mopar with turbo toys and an upgraded clutch I donít know what the clutch is but itís in a box. He passed away and his wife was attempting to drive it and had the stock clutch put back in to be easier for her to drive. And now itís having these issues and is why she sold it to me at a very very low price. I donít really know much about this car but every weekend Iím super deep into it trying to figure everything out. And I canít stress enough how much I appreciate all of you helping me out I jsut wish I had a more direct line of help sometimes this website takes a while to get a response
Sounds like you had a cool uncle, sorry for your loss.

I understand that sometimes responses take a little while on here. There is a ton of info on these forums if you have the time to search. You find more information than you ever thought you might want. If you need fast responses, there are quite a few srt4 groups on Facebook, however, itís hard to know whoís advice to trust through there. At least on here you can see how long some of us have been in the srt4 world.

Feel free to send me a private message if you want a faster response from me.
HybridKid likes this.

435 HP & 438 TQ -E85

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump1114 View Post
Quote:
Let me give you the run down, this car was my uncles all I know is it’s full bolt on stage 3 mopar with turbo toys and an upgraded clutch I don’t know what the clutch is but it’s in a box. He passed away and his wife was attempting to drive it and had the stock clutch put back in to be easier for her to drive. And now it’s having these issues and is why she sold it to me at a very very low price. I don’t really know much about this car but every weekend I’m super deep into it trying to figure everything out. And I can’t stress enough how much I appreciate all of you helping me out I jsut wish I had a more direct line of help sometimes this website takes a while to get a response
Sounds like you had a cool uncle, sorry for your loss.

I understand that sometimes responses take a little while on here. There is a ton of info on these forums if you have the time to search. You find more information than you ever thought you might want. If you need fast responses, there are quite a few srt4 groups on Facebook, however, it’s hard to know who’s advice to trust through there. At least on here you can see how long some of us have been in the srt4 world.

Feel free to send me a private message if you want a faster response from me.
Yea he was awesome, and thanks. I’ll stick with this forum site it seems to have the best info I’ve learned more here faster than anywhere else so far it’s pretty crazy. And thanks also I’ll PM you next time I get into a bind haha
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 12:32 PM

Garage
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Yea he was awesome, and thanks. Iíll stick with this forum site it seems to have the best info Iíve learned more here faster than anywhere else so far itís pretty crazy. And thanks also Iíll PM you next time I get into a bind haha
i'll be here.
HybridKid likes this.

435 HP & 438 TQ -E85

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode