Dodge SRT Forum banner

Operation Stage 3 juice.

3K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  Dojaman 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a basic nx kit single nozzle, zex remote bottle opener, nx warmer, srt n20 gauge, blow down tube, i got this in today.Harris Speed Works*::*Nitrous Controllers*::*Nitrous Window Switches & Timing Controllers*::*The MicroEdge Nitrous Controller
it does gear lockout, rpm, and a/f. Im going to play with this baby and see what i can do.

Figure ill hook it all up this weekend or next and see how the juice works on the ported stage 3. DDog shared alot of info with me b4 he got the bant. I have a forged motor and a wideband so lets see what kind of times i can get.
Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.
I already have another stock cold pipe ready to be tapped.
I can't wait. 75 shot should be plenty. I don't plan on using the HOM and n20 as much as ddog.

#3 ·
This is my advice from ddog.

50 35N 20-22F
75 41n 22-24F

Anyone use the nx nozzle? Single?

#26 ·
Anyone have the 35 jet sizes for an nx nozz?

#8 ·
Going to have to subscribe to this thread. I have been wanting to run a 50 shot for a while now. Plan would be to run HOM and spray and shoot for low 11s. If you could give as many details as possible that would be great. How you set the Nitrous up. How you ran it at the track ,etc.

#12 ·
You can spray HOM with stage 3 . Just ddog pushed it too many timees with a 75 shot in HOM. He did it, just about 30 times too often. I have the je pistons and play on running a 75 shot single nozzle. I might spray HOM once just to see. But really don't see it making THAT much of a diffrence. Somewhere there is someone with a dyno sheet of a stock stage 3 with a 50 shot on HOM with right about 475 wheel HP. He had 110 in the tank when he sprayed too. Maybe with my little turbo amd mani porting and my bfmic and 3 inch xhaust i can pull a couple more. I got my controller, so lets do this!!

#15 ·
You seriously think that HOM and nitrous is a good idea? Have fun with that..til something bad happens anyway.

Forged internals or not, detonation will KILL the engine eventually..and the power you can make on a 75shot and HOM and racegas..can be trumphed any day of the week using a 125shot, and with a larger margin of safety..but whatever floats your boat..or blows your engine...

#19 ·
If swapping the jets is not too hard go with a 35 shot and the walk the hit up after watching for effects of the fuel and nitrous jets you're going to be using .

From reading I personally do not think its not good to have the advanced timing of HOM with nitrous shot unless I knew things are working 100%...............IMO go slow and work up to the 75 rather then going straight to it............if something is not 100% then better to have it rear its ugly head on a lower hit.

#22 ·
Blue, do not offhandedly dismiss him. HOM and nitrous is nowhere fool proof. Just because one or two people did it does not mean its a great idea. If you do it and it works for you I would consider yourself fortunate.

Go with a low hit with HOM if you want and maybe consider using the nitrous without HOM activated and have fun with out without pushing it. If you have the money to play, have fun.

#23 · (Edited)
A 125 shot of nitrous is perfectly safe, as long as the timing isn't so advanced it creates knock and I'm assuming this too would be on race gas if you are planning on doing the 75shot on HOM...Now if you feel as though you can make more power on a 75shot and HOM over what a 125 shot of nitrous alone can do then more power to you..As I said, have fun with it, just isn't something I would suggest personally. Its your car, so I could care less.

BTW, I've built more than a few SRT4's and have installed and tuned nitrous systems on everything from a honda on a 45dry shot to a digital progressive 2 stage system on a grudge car making over 1300rwhp.

If you seriously think that there is nothing wrong with running nitrous on a highly advanced timing map that requires race gas on boost alone in order to prevent knock..then theres nothing more to say to that.

#24 ·
Like i said. I might do it once, but not with a 75 shot. MAYBE a 35 or 50. a 75 ish shot should do me good off HOM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.