Dodge SRT Forum banner

What Have You Done To Your Srt4 Lately?

2M views 24K replies 1K participants last post by  Midnight Rider 
#1 ·
Post up anything you guys have done lately to your car....paint, body, performance anything...lets see it or just hear about it

#21,421 ·
looks great! curious why you didnt just put a turbo blanket on there.?
Couple of reasons. I had a blanket on there before and it works really well, but this time around I decided to try ceramic coating on the hot side with colour this time. Since I paid a few dollars to get it in gold I figured I would try and show it. Previously the ceramic coating that was put on there by turbo rebuilders would burn off from the heat under the blanket, so we shall see if this makes a difference. The emission tag on the hood is starting to show slight signs of the heat even with the blanket, so I am hoping this works a little better.
I thought about this a while as that heat shield you there goes all the way down on top of the transmission to help protect the shifter cables.

#21,424 ·
Nigel sent me last revision of pump gas tune. Boost is turned up to where it'll stay on 93 octane...

Car is running harder than most guys E85 setups...on pump gas; got some parts for a hydramat in the mail and after that install it's time for passes at Milan...

I'll probably throw it back on the rollers too to see where it is on 93 (made 435 last time on a different setup; pistons, turbo kit, head etc) only revving to 6k on 18 psi....it should be well beyond that now. Crazy part is I haven't even put in any E85 yet

#21,425 ·
Worked on mine more yesterday. Installed the cold side IC pipe with the newly installed V2 AGP IAT sensor setup. I like this V2 setup sooooooo much more than then V1 i had before. I ran all new vacuum lines, though i'm not super happy with how that turned out. i may redo it later. I took advice i saw on here on what size line to run, and its all wrong. I know i should have taken some of the line with me to the store and just bought it locally but i was trying to be proactive and order long rolls of it online.... and its wrong... ugh... i'll deal with that later.

The old gas in the fuel tank started to give me issues (unsurprisingly). I went ahead and pumped as much of it out as i could and intend on dropping the tank to clean it and inspect the pump/filter assembly to see if its gunked up. Might as well see about putting an E85 resistant sending unit in there too.... i've been without a working fuel gauge for i dont know how many years.... Hell, at the end of all this, i may actually be CEL free! lol

Reactions: HybridKid
#21,432 ·
The sock would just crumble if I tried to pick it up. I’m guessing the intex unit is definitely NOT rated for e85.... makes me sort of wish I just had a sump and external pump at this point. Still have the fuel level sender issue to contend with.

#21,434 ·
The sock would just crumble if I tried to pick it up. I’m guessing the intex unit is definitely NOT rated for e85.... makes me sort of wish I just had a sump and external pump at this point. Still have the fuel level sender issue to contend with.
Is Intex the company? I know of Airtex....but not Intex

#21,436 ·
ah good catch... you're right. intex makes those shitting kids pools.... lol
Lmao WHAT?!What fuel pump are you going to go with?

#21,437 ·
Lmao WHAT?!What fuel pump are you going to go with?
honestly, i ordered a cheap oem replacement off of amazon. *fingers crossed* this car has been down for over 3 years and i need to get it moving again. I'm confident this will work for the time being.

keep in mind that the in-tank pump on my car does not feed the engine (surge tank setup), my Bosch 044 pump does, so there is very little strain on this pump. Also, for the time being, i'm just going to run the car on 93oct fuel so i'm not too concerned with e85 compatibility.