Service Protection Program for your SRT4 or any vehicle = SCAM - Dodge SRT Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Premium Member
Service Protection Program for your SRT4 or any vehicle = SCAM

I'm going to open this up in another thread now, my original thread was here:

Warranty Starts When?

Cliff Notes: received a letter from a company calling itself Service Protection Program, saying my factory warranty had expired. This was incorrect information. I called to find out what the deal is, was told that yes, the factory warranty was expired on my car. Again, false information, a blatant lie. They said they got the info from 'the dealer where you bought your car', again, a lie.

Sent a letter to the state attorney general about the company yesterday...

Did a little research, found this little gem:

Quote:
In January 2008, I also received a letter from "Service Protection Program." Doing a little research, here is what I found.

The information provided on the company's letterhead is:

Service Protection Program
300 North Tucker
St. Louis, MO 63101

The address shown on the envelope provides another address:

10812 Ambassador Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63132

The envelope address is identified through the AT&T online directory as Columbus Capital Partners LLC (tel. 314-692-8060), which appears to be the holding company for Service Protection Program. Eric Schaefer and Joseph (aka Joeseph and Joe) DiMartini are listed as principals of Columbus. These two men have also been identified as Eric J. Schaefer and Joseph Q. DiMartini.

The letter does not provide a local telephone number but provides several toll free numbers to call: 1-877-728-6040 plus Espanol 1-800-981-5097. Neither number shows up on the internet.

It is signed by one Robert Bentrup, whose name and home address appears in the St. Louis telephone directory.

Anecdotal internet reports indicate Service Protection Program is also known as Service Protection Plan and Service Protection Direct. The internet also reports that Service Protection Direct provides a toll free telephone number of 800-981-5095. This number shows up on several other internet auto forums.

The Better Business Bureau lists the company located at the North Tucker address as Service Protection Direct and classifies the company as "unsatisfactory."

A search of the online yellow pages for St. Louis, Missouri does not show any information for Service Protection Direct, Plan or Program.

The Missouri Attorney General Consumer Protection website contains 23 complaints against Service Protection Direct but nothing for the other two names, i.e., Plan and Program.

The Missouri Secretary of State (MSOS) website shows the below company name as a "fictitious name registration." (operating name of a company, as opposed to the legal name of the company):

Service Protection Direct
300 North Tucker, Suite 700
St. Louis, MO 63101

and it is 100 percent owned by:

TXEN Partners, LLC
8521 Maryland Avenue, Suite 101 (address as of 9/14/2007)
Saint Louis, MO 63105
Joseph DiMartini of the same address

TXEN Partners LLC does not show up on the internet. It does show up on the MSOS website as a separate entity, and one Eric Schaefer is listed as the "organizer."

The MSOS shows no record for Service Protection Program but Service Protection Plan is registered as a fictitious name owned by TXEN Partners, LLC and with the North Tucker address.

Online telephone directories show the Columbus at two addresses as follows:

Columbus Capital Partners LLC
8251 Maryland Avenue
Clayton, MO 63105
Tel. 314-863-1000

Columbus Capital Partners LLC
10812 Ambassador Boulevard
Saint Louis, MO 63132
Tel. 314-692-8060

The MSOS shows no record for Columbus Capital Partners LLC.

From the internet: Columbus Capital Partners LLC contact point is Eric Schaefer (aka Eric J. Schaefer), email address [email protected]

The following indicators tell me this company has less than honorable intentions:

1. No company advertisement in the St. Louis yellow pages. This indicates it is not trying to attract business in the St. Louis area - or in Missouri.
2. Operating the same business under very similar but different names.
3. Numerous complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau and the Missouri Attorney General, and numerous anecdotal complaints/inquiries on the internet.
4. Does not appear to be complying with the Missouri Secretary of State registration requirements for businesses operating in the State of Missouri. All companies doing business in Missouri must be registered with the Missouri Secretary of State.

Conclusion: You will be taking a big gamble if you deal with this company.
I called the company again, to ask again where they got the information. I was very nice about it too, and this was the response:

"Pizza Hut" not kidding, he said JUST that, two words. And responded quick, no pause, as though this is what he always says.

I said "what?" and he said "We get the information just like pizza hut does, do you get flyers from Pizza Hut" and I said only if I BUY SOMETHING from Pizza Hut do I get something from them with my name on it. So I asked again where he got the information and he replied with the same answer, being snide about it.

So I then asked for the warranty protection plan in writing, and he said "it's in your glove box", again, WHAT? "It's the same plan you have on your car now" Oh, so you mean you are affiliated with Chrysler? "Yes this is the factory warranty" Another lie. I explained that I know they are not affiliated with the auto manufacturer, and that it's misleading to say that to customers. He then says he needs 200 dollars to send the warranty information out. Interesting... I said I don't generally buy a product without first researching and that I need the information first. At this point he gets angry and says he's not going to argue with me, I chuckled and told him that I'm not arguing that I simply want more information.

At this point he goes off on some rant about the overwriting company being in New York and bla bla bla and I asked if he even knows who owns the company he works for, he says Yes, and I asked who, he said he didn't have to tell me, and I quoted information from the above quote about the owners and also about how the company has a ficticious name registration and an unsatisfactory rating. I said again "So, could I get more information about this warranty and also about where you got my information" and he hung up on me.

So, anyways, do NOT buy a Service Protection Program extention for your car. I'm posting this in a new post so that if anyone researches this they will find it by thread title, and not get scammed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Premium Member
BMW Forum About The Program

This is where I got the info from, and there is a wealth of other information about them.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Interesting I got a few phone calls (automated message) and a letter or two from them. I may have to pay attention to this thread.

Way to go

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 09:29 AM

i have gotten a couple leters in the mail from them.. good thing i just tossed them in the trash

time is with the STOCK engine.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 03:14 PM

Iíve read your comments about Protection Direct and wanted to share some exciting news about the company. Protection Direct is launching a new, world-class customer service platform that will not only strengthen our new and existing customer relationships, but will also dramatically alter the way the industry does business. For more information, please see our recent press release: Protection Direct Launches New World-Class Customer Service Platform

Regards,
Geof Reusch
Chief Operating Officer, Protection Direct
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4does13s View Post
i have gotten a couple leters in the mail from them.. good thing i just tossed them in the trash
I have received three of these over the course of owning my srt4 for only 6 months. Man I am glad I threw these in the trash as soon as I opened it up and read it! Hopefully no one has fallen into this...

2005 SRT-4
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 03:55 PM

I just received my 3rd or 4th one yesterday actually. I used to get the phone calls but not anymore

Nismo l JIC Magic l VeilSide l Takata l Top Secret l Blitz l Chargespeed l ARC
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof Reusch View Post
Iíve read your comments about Protection Direct and wanted to share some exciting news about the company. Protection Direct is launching a new, world-class customer service platform that will not only strengthen our new and existing customer relationships, but will also dramatically alter the way the industry does business. For more information, please see our recent press release: Protection Direct Launches New World-Class Customer Service Platform

Regards,
Geof Reusch

are you serious...?!?!?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 10:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof Reusch View Post

Regards,
Geof Reusch
Hey, look spam

Ekool where are you?

My Florida SRT.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojonsrt4 View Post
If you can't handle the search function, I'm not so sure you'll be able to handle trimming a few inches off the stock pipe and clocking the turbo properly.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 11:51 PM

got a call from them, and basically just said i was a mechanic and i didn't need any warranty, they tryed arguing with me about it, as if it was life and death that i purchased this extended warranty from them..

i was laughing out load at this person, and felt bad about it at the time.

but now i don't.

filthy scammers, perhaps the buisness should be burnt to the ground...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode