Dodge SRT Forum banner

How-To: Remote Key Fob Programming!

106K views 87 replies 47 participants last post by  RTShadow 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is a quick HowTo on programming your own keyless entry:

As long as you have one working keyfob you can program more this way.

1. Using a functional key fob transmitter, unlock the vehicle and disarm the Vehicle Theft Security System.
2. Insert ignition key into the ignition switch.
3. Turn the ignition switch to RUN position without starting engine.
4. Using a functional key fob transmitter, press and hold the UNLOCK button for a minimum five seconds (maximum ten seconds).
5. While still holding UNLOCK button, and before ten seconds passes, press the PANIC button and release both at the same time. A single chime will sound to indicate that the transmitter programming mode has been entered (allow 3 seconds for chime to sound).
6. Within 30 seconds of the chime, press and release the “LOCK” and “UNLOCK” buttons on the transmitter at the same time. Then press and release any button on the same transmitter and a chime will sound after successfully programming the transmitter.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for all transmitters that will be used with this vehicle (up to 4 total).
8. Turn ignition to the OFF position. Transmitter programming mode will discontinue after 60 seconds. All transmitter programming must be completed within time specified.

See less See more
#7 ·
Does this actually work? I don't have any way of testing it myself. Might be sticky worthy if it does work. :thumbsup:

#11 ·
Bought my car used and it didnt come with a key fob...so i decided to go to the dodge dealership and pay 70 bucks for one. I figured they'd program it since i bought it from them...yea they programed it alright, for another $40. lol...guess i had no choice though, wish i could have gone this route if i had an existing key fob.

#15 ·
Keyfob keyfob ..stupid 4 letter search .. I spent an hour searching and had to use an old thread that was not as clear as this because I had to search using key fob together... FYI IT DOES WORK ON OUR CARS, I just did it.. Now let me ask, if my car unlocks and locks with the key fob does that mean that I have the factory security system activated? because my keyless entry works but i dont have a little red light on in the dash. Plus I locked myself in the car and unlocked the car manually and no alarm went off.. j/w

#25 ·
So...
I ordered an extra fob just to try this... It worked great after the fifth try. I would program the new fob and it would de program the old fob... lol...
but after the last try when i was like screw this I clicked the wrong one and the both worked! so just make sure you have a working fob already, and a new or old one standing by... other than that directions are great... I had my roomate read them to me as I was doing it seeing how I cant read at the current time due to eye surgery... I (his roomate typed this too)

#26 ·
though I would add in that the door should be closed....

#30 ·
I DONT know if this will help you buttttttt. when I was programming mine I kept on messing up and it would delete the key from one and add it to another...

#32 ·
subscribed... putting my car together still..lol but will try it on my 05

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.